WCCF Discretionary Funds
Washington County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 1, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Washington County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Washington County Community Foundation (WCCF) was initiated by community leaders to encourage charitable giving. Its mission is to improve the quality of life in Washington County by promoting and facilitating philanthropy.
Fostering philanthropy by offering charitable gifting opportunities to donors on an individualized basis and at reasonable fees, the Foundation makes charitable giving easier, more satisfying, and more effective.
Funding areas include:
- Arts & Humanities – projects that benefit arts education and arts appreciation, including the performing, visual, and creative arts, as well as cultural and historic projects in our community.
- Community Improvement – projects that focus on strengthening, unifying and building the economic, cultural, educational and social services, and the spirit of any community or neighborhood. Projects include, but are not limited to, economic development activities in depressed areas, community parks, walking trails, green space projects, agricultural fairs, and community festivals.
- Education – projects to enhance the education experience for persons of any age, including literacy and lifelong learning.
- Environment & Animal Welfare – projects to protect the environment and to ensure biodiversity, including conservation, protection of ecosystems, agricultural projects, protection of wildlife, and the care of domesticated animals.
- Health & Fitness – projects that promote the physical and emotional health of the community, including medical services, counseling, fitness, and wellness programs.
- Human Needs – projects that give aid, comfort, support or assistance to children and youth, senior citizens, or the indigent.
- Religious / Faith Based – projects that promote interdenominational sharing and understanding and that emphasize the importance of spiritual growth and development.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation has adopted basic standards for grant eligibility as follows:
- Applicant organization should be legally constituted and exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Foundation may, from time to time, and at its sole discretion, consider applications from non 501(c)(3) entities provided that the nature of the project clearly is charitable in nature.
- Applicant organization must have a charter and/or by-laws which clearly define the organization’s purpose, structure, and the duties, authority and responsibilities of the governing body of the organization.
- Applicant organization must have a duly constituted volunteer Board of Directors which meets regularly and has full power:
- to establish operating policy;
- to employ and dismiss employees;
- to control and be responsible for other groups operating in or using the name of the organization;
- to enter into contracts; and
- to acquire, manage and dispose of real and capital properties obtained in the name of the organization.
- Applicant organization must demonstrate that it is fiscally responsible and that it is in compliance with all legal requirements of legislative bodies.
- Applicant organization must adhere to a policy mandating that all of the income of the organization be used for its particular stated charitable purposes and none for its members.
- Applicant organization should seek to assure accountability, operating efficiency and responsiveness to community needs.
- Applicant organization should publish an annual report which provides its goals, objectives, services, and such financial information as required by the PA Charitable Purposes Act for that organization.
- Applicant organization must operate a project which meets a demonstrated and documented need and which can be carried out principally within the county of Washington, Pennsylvania.
- The Foundation:
- Does not award grants to political candidates, for use in political campaigns or for lobbying of elected officials.
- Does not support organizations that practice or advocate discrimination by race, color, creed, sex or national origin.
- Does not make loans.
- Does not make grants to individuals. Interested individuals are encouraged to work with and through existing incorporated not-for-profit entities.
- Does not normally make grants to re-granting organizations or to private charities.
- Does not normally make ongoing commitments, though a large grant may be spread out over more than one fiscal year.
- Does not generally support land acquisition projects.
- Discourages requests for routine projects, to pay off deficits, or for endowment funds.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WCCF Discretionary Funds by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.