Wege Foundation Grant
Grant amount: Approximately US $100,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 22, 2019 8:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 10, 2019 8:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Kent County, Michigan
Location of residency: Kent County, MichiganView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Wege Foundation’s main focus is Western Michigan, mainly in Grand Rapids. Peter M. Wege, founder of the family foundation, feels strongly about keeping the mission local because it honors the wishes of his father Peter Martin Wege, who created the Foundation’s resources. Peter Martin Wege founded Metal Office Furniture, today’s Steelcase, in 1912.
Program Areas We Fund
The Wege Foundation focuses on local good works that enhance the lives of the people and preserve the health of the environment. The five branches of our Mission are, in rank order:
- Education: Support schools that provide
environmental education based on the
principals of Economicology. Provide a variety of scholarships to Grand Rapids
Catholic school students who cannot afford tuition.
Assist the Catholic schools within the Diocese of
Grand Rapids to become more globally
- Environment: Support innovative environmental leaders and organizations that seek to promote the principles of Economicology in West Michigan. Support the organizations that protect the natural resources of Michigan.
- Arts and Culture: Support capital improvements and program funding to those arts organizations who provide quality art experiences for the poor in Grand Rapids.
- Health Care: Support programs and facilities that serve people suffering from cancer, diabetes and other long-term diseases and health threats.
- Community Service: Assure emergency and continuing compassionate support during disruptive life experiences such as spouse/partner/child abuse, homelessness, joblessness and substance abuse.
Clearly, The Wege Foundation’s gifts can’t be limited to just one of the Five Pillars, but always spill over into the other areas of interest. And they never happen alone, but in collaboration with other generous benefactors—like Peter’s friend Fred and the Meijer Foundation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Wege Foundation funds only organizations classified as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The Wege Foundation values collaboration in funding.
- We will consider funding only a portion of your project’s expenses.
- You request should align with one of our Program Areas and should serve the Kent County area.
- The Wege Foundation will give consideration to capital-campaign funding only if your project fits under the guidelines of the United Sates Green Building Council.
- Applications for Special Initiative grants for projects outside the Kent County, Michigan, area are accepted by invitation only and should not be submitted through this web site.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wege Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.