Welch Charitable Fund Grant
Maine Community Foundation
Grant amount: Approximately US $13,660
Anticipated deadline: Aug 1, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Maine: Androscoggin County, Cumberland County, Sagadahoc County, York County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Maine: Androscoggin County, Cumberland County, Sagadahoc County, York County Other eligible locations: MaineView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Maine Community Foundation is younger at 33, but in that time has sent more than $260 million in grants to projects and communities, primarily in Maine. We have more than 1,800 funds and $440 million in assets. In 2015, the foundation awarded more than $25 million in grants and scholarships.
MaineCF is a statewide nonprofit that helps people invest charitable resources in the future of Maine. Their giving does good within their communities and often throughout the state.
Welch Charitable Fund
Established as a private family foundation in 1983, and advised by friends of the Welches, the foundation was transferred to the Maine Community Foundation in 2010.
Specific projects and programs, including capital campaigns (rather than operating support) in the following areas, will be given preference:
- Health care
- Alcohol and substance abuse rehabilitation
- Arts and culture
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible to apply:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) federal tax-exempt organizations, including most municipalities
- Public schools
- Public agencies working for the State of Maine
- Indian tribal governments (or political subdivisions) recognized by the Department of the Interior
- Non-exempt groups with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) organization, public school, or public agency.
- Grants will be made to institutions primarily in the Greater Portland area.
- Applicants must serve the Greater Portland area.
- Eligible organizations that have received grants from other Maine Community Foundation funds in the last 12 months are still eligible to apply to the Welch Charitable Fund.
- Grants cannot pay for program expenses that have already been incurred.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Welch Charitable Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.