Welfare Foundation Grant
Welfare Foundation, Inc.Suggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 15, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Delaware, Chester County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Welfare Foundation Grant
Originally formed in 1930 by Pierre S. du Pont and headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the Welfare Foundation is an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that uses its assets and the income they generate to promote the social welfare of people and communities in Delaware and southern Chester County, Pennsylvania.
Grantmaking is the primary strategy used by Welfare Foundation in its philanthropic work. Depending on the performance of its investments, the Foundation will typically award approximately $5 million in grants each year and has made grants to nonprofits totaling approximately $130 million in the past 25 years.
Traditionally, the Welfare Foundation has primarily focused on capital grants (but not endowments) in the following seven nonprofit sub-sectors:
- Social Services
While we have in the past, and will continue in the future, to provide some operating support on an occasional basis, it will remain the exception and not the norm. If you have a need for operational support and plan to apply for it, we kindly ask that you please schedule a time to meet with us to discuss the specifics of your request prior to submitting your application.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The following list details the criteria for our charitable contributions (all must be met prior to submitting request):
- Organization must be 501(c)(3) status.
- Organization must not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national origin, disability, handicap, age, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, martial status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Funds must not benefit:
- Political candidates, causes, organizations, or campaigns
- Churches, synagogues, and temples
- Fundraising activities, such as galas, benefits, dinners, and sporting events
- Goodwill advertising, souvenir journals, or event programs
- Individual needs, including scholarships, sponsorships, and other forms of financial aid
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Books, magazines or articles in professional journals
- Any other activities deemed not appropriate for support
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Welfare Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.