Wells Fargo Alabama Grant (Central, North, and South Alabama)
Wells Fargo Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Aug 1, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Autauga County, Baldwin County, Calhoun County, Clay County, Coffee County, Colbert County, Covington County, Cullman County, Dale County, Dallas County, Elmore County, Etowah County, Henry County, Houston County, Lauderdale County, Lee County, Madison County, Marion County, Marshall County, Mobile County, Montgomery County, Morgan County, Pike County, Randolph County, Russell County, Talladega County, Tallapoosa County, Tuscaloosa County, Walker County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Alabama: Autauga County, Baldwin County, Calhoun County, Clay County, Coffee County, Colbert County, Covington County, Cullman County, Dale County, Dallas County, Elmore County, Etowah County, Henry County, Houston County, Lauderdale County, Lee County, Madison County, Marion County, Marshall County, Mobile County, Montgomery County, Morgan County, Pike County, Randolph County, Russell County, Talladega County, Tallapoosa County, Tuscaloosa County, Walker County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Grant requests are reviewed throughout the calendar year, but should be submitted no later than the deadline above for consideration in the calendar year.
Wells Fargo is proud to support organizations that work to strengthen our communities. We look for projects that keep our communities strong, diverse, and vibrant. Through the volunteer efforts of our enthusiastic team members and our contributions, we share our success with the communities in which we live and work.
Wells Fargo prefers to fund outcome-driven programs versus unrestricted sponsorships and events for nonprofits.
Wells Fargo makes grants in two primary areas:
We serve low- and moderate-income communities in the areas of:
- Affordable housing
- Financial literacy
- Employment training and job development (workforce development)
- Community revitalization and stabilization
We support organizations and programs that:
- Work to eliminate the K–12th grade achievement gap in public education through curriculum-based school programs
- Facilitate merit-based access to higher education for underrepresented groups
Wells Fargo also considers grants to organizations that support the following areas:
Arts and Culture
- Arts and culture, science, and history organizations that advance education
- Access and participation in cultural experiences for the broader community
- Civic leadership and cultural diversity
- Preserve our environment through education programs
- Enable and sustain independence for individuals and families
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- In Alabama, we serve the following regions and counties:
- Central Alabama - Autauga, Clay, Calhoun, Dallas, Elmore, Etowah, Lee, Marion, Montgomery, Pike, Randolph, Tallapoosa, Talladega, Tuscaloosa
- North Alabama - Colbert, Cullman, Lauderdale, Madison, Marshall, Morgan, Walker
- South Alabama - Baldwin, Coffee, Covington, Dale, Henry, Houston, Mobile, Russell
- We typically don't support organizations operating for fewer than 2 years after receiving 501(c)(3) status.
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- International organizations
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in programs that are non-sectarian, benefit a broad base of the community, and have a separate 501(c)(3) designation
- Private foundations
- Political action committees, causes, or candidates
- Fraternal and alumni organizations
- Individual schools (private, public, charter, or parochial)
- Recreational, athletic, or sports teams, programs, or leagues
- Travel or conferences for non-profit agency personnel
- Animal benefit programs
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo Alabama Grant (Central, North, and South Alabama) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.