Wells Fargo Alabama Grant: Birmingham - Community Development
Wells Fargo Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Alabama: Jefferson County, Shelby County
Location of residency: Counties in Alabama: Jefferson County, Shelby CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Wells Fargo is proud to support organizations that work to strengthen our communities. We look for projects that keep our communities strong, diverse, and vibrant. Through the volunteer efforts of our enthusiastic team members and our contributions, we share our success with the communities in which we live and work.
Wells Fargo prefers to fund outcome-driven programs versus unrestricted sponsorships and events for nonprofits.
In this Funding Cycle, Wells Fargo makes grants in 1 primary area:
We serve low- and moderate-income communities in the areas of:
- Affordable housing
- Financial literacy
- Employment training and job development (workforce development)
- Community revitalization and stabilization
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- We typically don't support organizations operating for fewer than 2 years after receiving 501(c)(3) status.
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- International organizations
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in programs that are non-sectarian, benefit a broad base of the community, and have a separate 501(c)(3) designation
- Private foundations
- Political action committees, causes, or candidates
- Fraternal and alumni organizations
- Individual schools (private, public, charter, or parochial)
- Recreational, athletic, or sports teams, programs, or leagues
- Travel or conferences for non-profit agency personnel
- Animal benefit programs
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo Alabama Grant: Birmingham - Community Development by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.