Wells Fargo: California Grant - East Bay Inland and Greater San Jose // Orange County and San Diego
Wells Fargo Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit Hospital / Clinic Public Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Monterey County, Orange County, San Benito County, San Diego County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Solano County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Monterey County, Orange County, San Benito County, San Diego County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Solano County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo's philanthropic goals and objectives. At Wells Fargo, we believe that grant-making decisions are more effective when made locally. That's why Wells Fargo is actively involved in the communities where we live and work, and why our team members are leaders in helping our communities succeed.
Wells Fargo serves California counties organized into the following regions:
- East Bay Inland and Greater San Jose
- Alameda, Contra Costa, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano
- Orange County and San Diego
- Orange, San Diego
Our Giving Priorities
Wells Fargo is proud to support nonprofit organizations that work to strengthen our communities. Wells Fargo uses financial and human capital to keep our communities strong, diverse, and vibrant. Our culture of giving back to our communities through volunteer efforts connects our enthusiastic team members in the communities in which we live and work.
While we make grants in three high priority areas: Community Development, Education, and Human Services, Wells Fargo also considers requests from organizations that help enhance a community's quality of life through art, cultural, or civic projects at a lower priority.
In California, Wells Fargo supports the community’s greatest needs:
We support the improvement of low- and moderate-income communities through programs that:
- Create and sustain affordable housing
- Promote economic development by financing small businesses or farms
- Provide job training and workforce development
- Revitalize and stabilize communities
We support organizations that:
- Promote academic achievement for low- and moderate-income students with a priority emphasis on K-12
- Provide training for teachers and administrators working with low- and moderate-income students
- Encourage access to technical, post-secondary education opportunities
We consider requests from social and human service organizations that work primarily in low- and moderate-income communities to:
- Provide basic needs assistance (shelter, food, quality of life)
- Ensure access to health and mental health programs
- Promote child and youth services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as to qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- Proposals to fund the following items are considered but receive lower priority:
- Equipment, including computer hardware and software
- Sports or athletic groups or activities
- Multi-year programs
- Capital campaigns
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- Political action committees, candidates, causes, and lobbying
- For-profit entities including start-up businesses
- Video or film production
- Promotional items
- Political, labor, religious, or fraternal activities
- Travel, including student trips
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo: California Grant - East Bay Inland and Greater San Jose // Orange County and San Diego by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.