Wells Fargo: Connecticut Grant
Wells Fargo Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Fairfield County, Hartford County, Middlesex County, New Haven County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Wells Fargo makes contributions in areas that we believe are important to the future of our nation's vitality and success. Our first priority is to support programs and organizations whose chief purpose is to benefit low- and moderate-income individuals and families. We look for projects that keep our communities strong, diverse, and vibrant.
Wells Fargo makes grants in two primary areas:
We support the improvement of low- and moderate-income communities through programs that:
- Create and sustain affordable housing
- Facilitate financial literacy and empowerment
- Provide job training and workforce development
- Revitalize and stabilize communities
We support organizations and programs that:
- Work to eliminate pre-K – 12th grade achievement gap in public education through curriculum-based or school-sponsored programs
- Support post-secondary education
Wells Fargo also considers grants in the following areas:
Arts and Culture
We consider requests from organizations that work to enhance community diversity through:
- Access to and participation in cultural experiences for low- and moderate-income individuals
- Availability of a broad array of artistic opportunities and venues that reflect the community’s diversity
We consider requests from organizations that work to enhance a community’s quality of life through projects involving:
- Public policy
- Community beautification
- Civic leadership
- Citizen education
- Cultural diversity
We are committed to building strong environmental practices through programs that:
- Conserve natural resources
- Protect endangered species
- Preserve the global environment
We consider requests from social and human service organizations that:
- Enable and sustain independence for individuals and families
- Ensure access to health education programs and quality health care
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- In Connecticut, we serve the counties of Fairfield, Hartford, Middlesex, and New Haven.
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- For-profit entities
- International organizations
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in programs that are non-sectarian, benefit a broad base of the community, and have a separate 501(c)(3) designation
- Political action committees, causes, or candidates
- Fraternal activities
- Alumni organizations
- Individual schools (private, public, or parochial)
- Travel or conferences for non-profit agency personnel
- Requests that receive lower priority:
- Private foundations
- Recreation, athletic, or sports teams, programs, or leagues
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo: Connecticut Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.