Wells Fargo: Maryland Grant - Education and Environment
Wells Fargo FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore city, Carroll County, Charles County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County Show all
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo's philanthropic goals and objectives. At Wells Fargo, we believe that grant-making decisions are more effective when made locally. That's why Wells Fargo is actively involved in the communities where we live and work, and why our team members are leaders in helping our communities succeed.
Wells Fargo makes contributions in areas that we believe are important to the future of our communities’ vitality and success. We direct our contributions to non-profit organizations that work to advance the following focus areas.
For this funding cycle, applications are accepted in the following focus areas:
Primary focus areas:
- Addressing the pre-K – 12th grade achievement gap through interventions that occur in partnership with the students’ school and with a focus on low- and moderate-income students.
- Out of School Time programs that provide academic enrichment using proven and scalable methods in the areas of STEAM, leadership development, career and college readiness.
- Programs that are trauma-informed and delivered with an equity lens are prioritized.
Secondary Focus Areas:
- Preserving our environment through education programs that expose k-12 students to sustainability issues, green practices, and conserving our natural resources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- In Maryland, we serve the following regions and counties:
- Maryland Region: Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Prince George’s and Montgomery.
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- National initiatives (however, we do encourage requests from local affiliates for programs occurring in our region)
- Individuals seeking scholarships, fellowships, or sponsors for a particular cause
- Individual K-12 schools
- Animal-related causes (for example, rescue societies)
- For-profit entities, including start-up businesses
- Political, labor, religious, or fraternal activities
- Organizations other than 501(c)(3) nonprofits, governmental or tribal entities
- The following requests receive lower priority:
- Organizations that have been operating for less than two years
- Sports or athletic groups
- Capital campaigns
- Organizations may only submit one grant application per year across all focus areas. If that request is declined you are asked to wait until the following calendar year to resubmit.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo: Maryland Grant - Education and Environment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.