Wells Fargo: Maryland Grant - Community Development
Wells Fargo FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jul 1, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore County, Baltimore city, Carroll County, Charles County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County Expand all
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo's philanthropic goals and objectives. At Wells Fargo, we believe that grant-making decisions are more effective when made locally. That's why Wells Fargo is actively involved in the communities where we live and work, and why our team members are leaders in helping our communities succeed.
Wells Fargo makes contributions in areas that we believe are important to the future of our communities’ vitality and success. We direct our contributions to non-profit organizations that work to advance the following focus areas.
For this funding cycle, applications are accepted in the following focus areas:
Primary focus areas:
- Aiding the path to employment with workforce training and job-readiness skills, particularly those that support returning citizens, veterans and programs that offer stackable credentials. T
- his may include programs provided by community colleges that are geared towards obtaining employment in a particular vocation that has been identified as a local area of opportunity.
- Promoting, creating and preserving affordable rental housing and pathways to home ownership.
- Programs that provide technical support and access to capital for diverse and underserved entrepreneurs and small businesses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- In Maryland, we serve the following regions and counties:
- Maryland Region: Anne Arundel, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Prince George’s and Montgomery.
- While asset building and financial education are important to Wells Fargo, we will not fund the cost of development of curriculum or supplies for financial literacy programs.
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- National initiatives (however, we do encourage requests from local affiliates for programs occurring in our region)
- Individuals seeking scholarships, fellowships, or sponsors for a particular cause
- Individual K-12 schools
- Animal-related causes (for example, rescue societies)
- For-profit entities, including start-up businesses
- Political, labor, religious, or fraternal activities
- Organizations other than 501(c)(3) nonprofits, governmental or tribal entities
- The following requests receive lower priority:
- Organizations that have been operating for less than two years
- Sports or athletic groups
- Capital campaigns
- Organizations may only submit one grant application per year across all focus areas. If that request is declined you are asked to wait until the following calendar year to resubmit.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo: Maryland Grant - Community Development by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.