Wells Fargo: Minnesota Grant - Greater Minnesota
Wells Fargo FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Becker County, Beltrami County, Benton County, Blue Earth County, Brown County, Carlton County, Clay County, Crow Wing County, Dodge County, Douglas County, Faribault County, Freeborn County, Goodhue County, Isanti County, Itasca County, Kandiyohi County, Koochiching County, Lake County, Lake of the Woods County, Lyon County, Marshall County, McLeod County, Meeker County, Mower County, Nicollet County, Nobles County, Olmsted County, Otter Tail County, Pennington County, Rice County, Sherburne County, St. Louis County, Stearns County, Steele County, Waseca County, Winona County, Wright County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Minnesota: Becker County, Beltrami County, Benton County, Blue Earth County, Brown County, Carlton County, Clay County, Crow Wing County, Dodge County, Douglas County, Faribault County, Freeborn County, Goodhue County, Isanti County, Itasca County, Kandiyohi County, Koochiching County, Lake County, Lake of the Woods County, Lyon County, Marshall County, McLeod County, Meeker County, Mower County, Nicollet County, Nobles County, Olmsted County, Otter Tail County, Pennington County, Rice County, Sherburne County, St. Louis County, Stearns County, Steele County, Waseca County, Winona County, Wright County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
We appreciate your interest in Wells Fargo's philanthropic goals and objectives. At Wells Fargo, we believe that grant-making decisions are more effective when made locally. That's why Wells Fargo is actively involved in the communities where we live and work, and why our team members are leaders in helping our communities succeed.
Wells Fargo serves Minnesota counties organized into the following regions:
- Greater Minnesota -- Counties served:
- Becker, Beltrami, Benton, Blue Earth, Brown, Carlton, Clay, Crow Wing, Dodge, Douglas, Faribault, Freeborn, Goodhue, Isanti, Itasca, Kandiyohi, Koochiching, Lake, Lake of the Woods, Lyon, Marshall, McLeod, Meeker, Mower, Nicollet, Nobles, Olmstead, Otter Tail, Pennington, Rice, Sherburne, Steele, St. Louis, Stearns, Waseca, Winona, Wright
Our Giving Priorities
Overview: We understand that being active corporate citizens where we live and work is critical to the communities we serve and to our business. Funding priority is given to programs that are effectively addressing Minnesota’s economic racial disparity gap and low-income neighborhoods in three key areas:
- Financial Education: We recognize financial education as a core life skill and have developed HandsOnBanking.org, a free online individual/classroom curriculum for public use; we also offer several funding programs.
- Small Business Development: Programs with proven outcomes of growing and expanding minority-owned small businesses and those that provide aspiring entrepreneurs with technical assistance, backroom business services, and/or access to capital.
- Workforce Development:
- Youth Career/Jobs Readiness Programs that provide students ages 16-26 with out-of-school employment experience, cross-cultural and professional soft skill development, technical training, and meaningful connections with employers and mentors.
- Post-secondary education institutions who are leaders in their industry in enrolling, graduating and placing students of color in competitive jobs/careers may apply; funding must be for programs that directly support student transition from college to career.
- Adult Employment – Programs that have proven outcomes of providing job training and job placement for adults are eligible for funding.
- Basic Needs of Children and Families:
- We understand that birth to five years old is the most important period in a child’s life for social and emotional development. We encourage efforts that help prepare children for their futures, and programs that allow for the expansion of quality childcare in greater Minnesota by supporting:
- Programs that provide parenting and health care education for families in need.
- Programming that provides access to quality childcare for low-income individuals.
Sponsorships (501c3) / Team Member Community Leadership
- Sponsorships (501c3)/Team Member Community Leadership – We are proud to support community events that our team members are involved with and that align with the following Wells Fargo local and national priorities: Workforce Development, Small Business Development, Financial Education, Diversity & Inclusion, Veterans and Affordable Housing.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- Financial Education
- We provide funding for one-time expenses, such as curriculum development, outreach, program materials, and staff training/certification, to organizations that support financial education initiatives.
- Nonprofits that recognize financial education as a core life skill and would like to incorporate it into their existing program may apply for funding.
- Eligible applications must have Wells Fargo team member involvement.
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- Start-up costs for new organizations
- Political action committees, candidates, causes, and lobbying
- Endowment campaigns
- Video or film production
- Promotional items
- Labor activities
- For-profit entities including start-up businesses
- Travel, including student trips
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo: Minnesota Grant - Greater Minnesota by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.