Wells Fargo: New York Grant
Wells Fargo Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Nov 1, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: New York
Location of residency: New YorkView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Applications are accepted between January 1 and the deadline above and reviewed at quarterly meetings throughout the year. Once an application is received it can take from 90-120 days to receive a response.
Wells Fargo is proud to support organizations that work to strengthen our communities. We look for projects that keep our communities strong, diverse, and vibrant. Through the volunteer efforts of our enthusiastic team members and our contributions, we share our success with the communities in which we live and work.
In the Greater New York State region, Wells Fargo strives to assist our communities by supporting nonprofit organizations that provide social, economic, and environmental programs.
- Greater New York: New York state other than Dutchess, Manhattan, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester counties
In the Southeastern New York region (Dutchess, Manhattan, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, and Westchester counties), Wells Fargo's priority is to support programs and organizations whose chief purpose is to benefit low- and moderate-income individuals and families. We make grants in two primary areas:
- Community Development - We support the improvement of low- and moderate-income communities through programs that:
- Create and sustain affordable housing
- Facilitate financial literacy and empowerment
- Provide job training and workforce development
- Revitalize and stabilize communities
- Education - We support organizations and programs that:
- Work to eliminate the pre-K – 12th grade achievement gap in public education through curriculum-based or school-sponsored programs
- Support post-secondary education
Wells Fargo also considers grants in the following areas:
- Arts and Culture - We consider requests from organizations that work to enhance community diversity through:
- Access to and participation in cultural experiences for low- and moderate-income individuals
- Availability of a broad array of artistic opportunities and venues that reflect the community’s diversity
- Civic Engagement - We consider requests from organizations that work to enhance a community’s quality of life through projects involving:
- Public policy
- Community beautification
- Civic leadership
- Citizen education
- Cultural diversity
- Environment - We are committed to building strong environmental practices through programs that:
- Conserve natural resources
- Protect endangered species
- Preserve the global environment
- Human Services - We consider requests from social and human service organizations that:
- Enable and sustain independence for individuals and families
- Ensure access to health education programs and quality health care
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Wells Fargo makes contributions to organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, as well as qualified tribal and governmental agencies, including public school systems.
- Requests that receive lower priority
- Private foundations
- Recreation, athletic, or sports teams, programs, or leagues
- Please note that Wells Fargo is unable to consider grants for the following:
- For-profit entities
- International organizations
- Religious organizations, unless they are engaged in programs that are non-sectarian, benefit a broad base of the community, and have a separate 501(c)(3) designation
- Political action committees, causes, or candidates
- Fraternal activities
- Alumni organizations
- Individual schools (private, public, or parochial)
- Travel or conferences for non-profit agency personnel
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wells Fargo: New York Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.