West Virginia Project CommuniTree (CTree) Grants
West Virginia Division of ForestrySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Next deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Jul 1, 2020
Applicant type: College / University Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in West Virginia: Berkeley County, Grant County, Hampshire County, Hardy County, Jefferson County, Mineral County, Morgan County, Pendleton County Show all
Location of residency: West VirginiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
West Virginia Project CommuniTree (CTree) and its partners invite community organizations to apply for CTree Kits to plant trees at their schools, parks, road right-of-ways, churches, and other public lands. CTree Kits are awarded through a competitive grant process and trees may only be planted on public land in the following West Virginia counties: Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, Morgan and Pendleton.
CTree Kits include:
- Trees in a variety of species and stock sizes for shade, reforestation, etc.
- Tree tubes or cages to protect from deer
- Mulch to foster good root growth
Successful applicants will receive technical assistance from CTree partners and the West Virginia Division of Forestry.
Carla Hardy West Virginia Project CommuniTree (CTree) promotes tree planting and education on public land through volunteerism in the Potomac Headwaters of West Virginia (Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, Morgan, & Pendleton counties). The program also focuses on enhancing and promoting awareness of watershed and riparian area needs such as storm water management, water quality issues, buffer zone planting, and soil erosion.
The project is entirely volunteer based and engages stakeholders in the process of making priority decisions within their respective communities and offers a strong educational message along with a physical planting component. CommuniTree is a program of the WV Conservation Agency and the WV Potomac Tributary Team that is engaged in on-the-ground actions throughout the Potomac headwaters.
CTree is designed so any volunteer group or public entities, regardless of experience, can apply for help from CTree and the WV Division of Forestry. We want your group to apply and join the growing number of volunteers who are making their communities more beautiful and health by planting trees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any interested group that is dedicated to increasing urban canopy cover in the Potomac Basin is eligible to apply (with or without prior experience planting trees).
- CTree welcomes applications from public, civic, or volunteer groups including:
- 501(c)(3) Private Nonprofit Organizations
- Service, Youth, and Civic Groups
- Faith-based Organizations
- Tree Boards, Watershed Groups, and other environmental service organizations
- Public and Independent Primary, Intermediate, and Secondary Schools
- Public and Independent Higher Educational Institutions
- Municipal, County, Regional, State, Federal Public Agencies
- Application Requirements:
- Be on public property (schools, parks, churches, road right-of-ways, etc.) and within the Potomac River Basin of West Virginia (Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, Morgan, or Pendleton counties).
- A map of priority sites is available online.
- Demonstrate strong volunteer and education components
- Document the ecological, social, and environmental benefits of the tree planting
- Fulfill $1,500.00 contribution through volunteerism or material donations.
- Priority planting sites can be found here.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the West Virginia Project CommuniTree (CTree) Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.