US Community Grants Program
Western Digital Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2019 5:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Jul 15, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: Alameda County, Orange County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Counties in Colorado: Boulder County, El Paso County, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Olmsted County, Minnesota Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Western Digital, under the leadership of CEO Steve Milligan, believes in our responsibility to be a good neighbor in the communities in which we operate, and a steward of our world's resources. The quality of life and education, the well-being of our employees and their families, and the economic health of our society are of vital interest to Western Digital. As a corporation, we support organizations that improve education, support basic human needs, as well as programs protecting the environment and our communities.
As a corporate citizen in the communities in which our employees work and live, Western Digital recognizes its responsibility to respond to the needs of our local communities. Emphasis is placed on Educational programs, especially Science, Technology, Engineering and Math; Basic Needs Programs, especially those leading to economic self-sufficiency; and Civic Programs, with an emphasis on environmental protection and community volunteer projects.
Western Digital, through the Western Digital Foundation, may award direct financial support to nonprofit organizations that provide services in the geographic regions where Western Digital and its subsidiaries operate business units.
US Community Grants
Western Digital awards grants to nonprofit organizations and public schools that offer programs or services in alignment with our key areas of support:
Grants are focused on key areas of interest:
- Education: STEM, particularly programs targeted at under-represented and/or under-privileged youth
- Hunger Relief: Programs with a predominant focus on alleviating hunger locally
- Environmental Preservation: Programs aimed at environmental protection or preservation, and the public education of such issues
- Veterans Programs: Community projects and programs that provide services to veterans and/or military families
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are welcome from organizations with programs serving one of the following geographical areas:
- Greater Bay Area, CA (Alameda, Santa Clara, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties)
- Orange County, CA
- Boulder County, CO
- El Paso County, CO
- Middlesex County, MA
- Olmsted County, MN
- WDC requires that non-profit organizations and schools seeking support from WDC or any of its subsidiaries meet specific criteria to be considered for support:
- Be a tax-exempt non-profit organization or public school in good standing with the IRS
- Show program capability, sound fiscal policies, responsible management, and evidence of long-range planning and effective use of volunteers
- Have a competent, active board of directors or similar governing body providing sound policies and guidance to the organization and its members
- Produce a budget, financial statements and a plan for funding beyond the period covered by the proposed contribution
- Show a method of evaluating the results of the proposed project
- In addition, we require:
- The charity is not being recommended by a foreign official
- The charity is not owned/operated by a foreign official or close relative
- There are no deals that are contingent (either in fact or in appearance) upon the granting of the charitable aid
- Normal due diligence has been conducted to verify that the charity is legitimate and reputable, and financially stable
- The charity’s mission is consistent with the philanthropic priorities of the Western Digital Corporation (Education, Hunger Relief, Environmental Issues)
- The Foundation will not provide grants or other charitable contributions under circumstances that are not permitted by or are in conflict with the policies of the Western Digital Corporation or the Western Digital Foundation, applicable law, or budgetary considerations, which include but are not limited to requests made by the following:
- Customers or other business partners/providers
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual preference, disability, age, or national origin
- Grant-making foundations
- Political organizations
- Organizations failing to meet Western Digital’s corporate standards for ethical operation and social value
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the US Community Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.