Western Lane Community Foundation Grant
Western Lane Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $100 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2021 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Lane County, Oregon
Location of residency: Lane County, OregonView website Save
About this funder:
Each year, Western Lane Community Foundation awards grants to local non-profit organizations for projects and programs in its target area of western Lane County. Grants are awarded in the areas of education, medicine and science, the arts and social and civic services.
The amount available for distribution each year varies based on the performance of the invested portfolio of discretionary funds. Grant requests and awards vary greatly in amount, depending on the nature of the grant project and funds available for distribution.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Western Lane Community Foundation awards grants to local non-profit
organizations for projects and programs in its target area of western
Lane County, Oregon.
- In authorizing grants, the Foundation gives preference to projects of the following types:
- Projects or programs aimed at providing needed services or facilities for which public funds are either not available or are not sufficient, and the Foundation’s contribution, either by itself or in conjunction with other private support, would have a significant impact.
- Programs which would contribute to the cultural, economic, educational or social betterment of our community by addressing the source of major problems rather than merely dealing with their continuing effect upon our society.
- Generally, grants will not be made to organizations for the following purposes:
- Emergency funding;
- Travel to or in support of conferences;
- Debt retirement or operational deficits;
- Annual fund drives or operation expenses and/or administration, i.e., rent, salaries, except during a startup period not to exceed three years;
- Sectarian religious purposes (does not preclude consideration of requests for educational, medical, or social service-oriented programs open to all community members undertaken by church-affiliated or supported agencies);
- Programs relying on federal or tax dollars for their principle support unless for needed innovative pilot or demonstration programs for which public funding is not available.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Western Lane Community Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.