Western New York Grants
East Hill FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Next deadline: May 20, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Aug 5, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County, Erie County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Orleans County, Wyoming County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County, Erie County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Orleans County, Wyoming County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The East Hill Foundation is a privately-funded family foundation, which evolved out of the Greatbatch family’s tradition of stewardship. Funding was initiated through small grants out of the family-owned business, Wilson Greatbatch Ltd. In 1986 with the help of Peter Greatbatch, Eleanor and Wilson’s youngest son, the East Hill Foundation was established. The family’s hope was to further the tradition of stewardship which could be enhanced and passed on to future generations. With the sale of Wilson Greatbatch Ltd. in 1997 and the abrupt death of the Executive Director, Peter Greatbatch in 1998, the Foundation was restructured. Ami Greatbatch joined the Board of Directors and was appointed Co-Chairman with her husband Warren Greatbatch. The Foundation’s area of interest was extended to the eight counties of Western New York. In 1999, Michele Schmidt joined the Foundation as the full-time Grants Director.
East Hill Foundation and E & W G Foundation grant funding is currently divided into three components: Western New York Grants, Family/Board/Staff Sponsored Grants, and the North Tonawanda Grants Program.
Western New York Grants
East Hill Foundation considers grant applications from qualified 501(c)(3) organizations, which address community needs and opportunities designed to enhance the quality of life of the residents of Western New York.
Community giving is primarily focused within the eight counties of Western New York:
- Orleans, and
- Wyoming County
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The East Hill Foundation welcomes inquiries from nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations for grant funding for the Western New York area.
- All WNY 501(c)(3) organizations are welcome to apply; however, the East Hill Board encourages projects that serve basic human needs, such as providing food and shelter for the needy.
- Private foundations, as defined in Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Code, are not eligible for Foundation support.
- In general, Foundation support is not provided for:
- Ongoing operating expenses
- Private education
- Travel expenses
- Security deposits or rent assistance
- The Foundation does not make grants to:
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Organizations which make grants to others
- Lobbying or advocacy for specific political candidates or legislation
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Western New York Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.