Western States Fire Managers - WUI Grants (WSFM)
Nevada Division of ForestrySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $205,000 - US $292,000
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Later deadlines: Jul 19, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Nevada
Location of residency: NevadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NDF is seeking pre-proposals for projects that mitigate wildfire risk within Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) areas. Proposals should address issues identified in Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPP) or other wildfire mitigation planning documents, the broad goals within Nevada’s Forest Action Plan, and demonstrate collaborative interagency planning and implementation coupled with citizen ownership. Emphasis is on hazardous fuel reduction, restoration of fire-adapted ecosystems, mitigation education within the WUI, and community wildfire protection planning.
The types of allowed projects focus on achieving these goals through:
- Improving Mitigation Education in the Interface; and
Project Time Frame: One to three years from the time of funding award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants: State and local agencies, tribes, non-profit organizations, companies, landowners and educational institutions
- Project Purpose & Location:
- WSFM projects must be listed in the county’s CWPP or other fire mitigation or fuels assessment document. If not, then one must be completed as part of the project.
- Collaboration among multiple entities on the project is important and encouraged
- Eligible Lands:
- While project work can occur on all lands, grant funds can only be used for activities on non-federal lands.
- Project coordination with the USDA Forest Service and other public land management agencies is encouraged.
- Work on federal land, research and any construction activities are not eligible for grant funding.
- Construction includes new or improved structures, roads, bridges and culverts, even if in connection to a thinning or restoration project.
- If these activities are part of the overall project, they can be used as project leverage.
- WSFM Grants exclude maintenance on previous federally funded fuels projects, preparedness and suppression capacity building (e.g. purchase of fire department equipment), small business start-up funding, and GIS/database development.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Western States Fire Managers - WUI Grants (WSFM) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.