WFFE Nonprofit Environmental Education Grants
Washington Foundation for the EnvironmentSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $200 - US $2,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Conference
Location of project: Washington
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Washington Foundation for the Environment (WFFE) gives small grants, generally of up to $2,000 (with a typical grant amount of $1,000), towards well-focused local environmental education projects in Washington state. We often award grants to projects not traditionally funded by the region’s bigger environmental foundations.
WFFE’s primary focus is on environmental education. We are interested in funding the following sorts of projects and organizations:
- Educational efforts such as workshops, institutes, conferences, and exhibits, which hold the promise of increasing public awareness of, or stimulating productive public debate with respect to, significant environmental issues.
- Also considered are grants for individual and group scholarships to attend worthwhile conferences and educational programs.
- Environmental projects which have one or more of the following features:
- the project has come together in a way that is instructive, perhaps representing a significant success of grassroots efforts, or the assembly of an unlikely but necessary coalition;
- the project could have a significant positive effect on public awareness of environmental issues or on the encouragement of other preservation or reclamation efforts;
- the project will involve imaginative technical approaches that would make its success instructive;
- the proposed uses of the project site and access to it will result in education about environmental matters.
- Writing projects that promise to contribute to the understanding of environmental issues and that seem likely to reach a responsive audience.
- Research efforts oriented toward improving the quality of information available to policymakers in government and in the private sector who have the power to make decisions affecting the environment.
- Research projects that hold significant promise of providing information needed for intelligent environmental policymaking.
- Start-up funding for new environmental projects and organizations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must be 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WFFE Nonprofit Environmental Education Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.