Wallace Global Fund
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $450,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Wallace Global Fund is to promote an informed and engaged citizenry, to fight injustice, and to protect the diversity of nature and the natural systems upon which all life depends.
- Priority 1: Occupy K Street to counter corporate machinery
- Counter corporate lobbyists
- Empower new voices to demand equitable and sustainable policies
- Priority 2: Change the rules of the game to benefit the public good
- Change the global rules, practices and institutions that enable corporate dominance of democracy
- Pressure companies to pay their fair share, protect natural resources, and respect human rights
- Priority 3: Advance a movement for "Accountable Ownership"
- Leverage institutional investors influence to change corporate practices
- Strengthen the field of mission related and impact investing
Defend and Renew Democracy
- Priority 1: Challenge corporate money in politics
- Stanch the flow of corporate spending in politics
- Return democracy to the people
- Priority 2: Protect and expand the pillars of democracy
- Safeguard and expand voting rights
- Push back the right wing's War on Voting
- Priority 3: Strengthen democracy in transitional societies
- Encourage the development of democracy in places where strategic investment by WGF will meet other interests of the Fund
Protect the Environment
- Priority 1: Address climate change
- Break the Fossil Fuel Cartel, divest from Fossil Fuel, Invest in climate solutions, and end dirty energy subsidies
- Priority 2: Empower democratic movement for action on climate
- build local community power to confront corporate dominance (fracking, tar sands, etc.)
- Priority 3: Recognize rights of nature and new environmental human rights
- Confront deep anti-environment bias in our legal and political system
- Frame new rights of individuals, such as access to water and protection for public health
Promote Truth and Creative Freedom in Media
- Priority 1: Protect and expand the channels of public discourse
- Advance media policy activism
- Shift the balance of power away from corporate interest and toward teh common good
- Priority 2: Support progressive independent voices
- Sustain and amplify progressive content
- Support courageous truth-tellers in traditional and new media
- Priority 3: Foster creative use of new media tools to promote progressive change
- Advance innovative uses of new tools to increase effectiveness of organizing efforts
- Leverage creative power to engage people in activist campaigns and shift agendas of topic of concern to WGF
Advance Women's Human Rights and Empowerment
- Priority 1: Advance and protect global reproductive health and rights
- Advance and defend global reproductive health and rights against mounting threats
- Priority 2: Promote the global abandonment of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting
- Support organizations that promote the global 'abandonment' of female genital mutilation and cutting (FGM/C)
- Priority 3: Illuminate issues affecting women, human rights, and the global economy
- Seek deeper understanding and action on the intersecting issues affecting women in the global economy
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are awarded to high quality organizations with strong leadership that are catalyzing significant change in line with the Fund’s priority areas.
- The Wallace Global Fund supports activities and movements that are global or national in scope.
- We will consider significant local or regional initiatives with the potential to leverage broader national or global impact
- Proposals can be for either core or project-specific support.
- Applicants based in the United States must be registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations.
- Applicants based outside the United States must show 501(c)(3) equivalency under U.S. law and, if invited to submit a proposal, will be asked to sign an affidavit stating this equivalency.
- Potential grantees without 501(c)(3) status will be asked for further documentation regarding the charitable purpose of the activity.
- WGF does not fund purchase of land, capital construction, profit-making businesses, debt reduction, endowment campaigns, fundraising drives/events, or scholarships, tuition assistance or other forms of personal financial aid.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WGF Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.