WHF Responsive Grant
Williamsburg Health FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $4,000 - US $128,000
Next deadline: Mar 8, 2019 9:00am PST (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Aug 2, 2019 9:00am PDT (Letter of inquiry), Sep 6, 2019 9:00am PDT (Full proposal), Feb 1, 2020 9:00am PST (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Virginia: James City County, Poquoson city, Williamsburg city, York County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About the Williamsburg Health Foundation
The Williamsburg Health Foundation works to improve the health of individuals who live in Greater Williamsburg. We recognize that “health is a dynamic state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” (World Health Organization). Our vision is “individuals making healthy choices in a community with health opportunity for all.”
The Foundation not only provides grants to improve the current and future health of our community but also convenes groups in the community to solve health challenges that cannot be addressed by one agency alone.
We understand that having easy access to healthy food and active living are critical to lifelong health and well-being. The Foundation is determined to create new opportunities for individuals in Greater Williamsburg to live healthy lives.
The Williamsburg Health Foundation is governed by an experienced and dedicated Board of Trustees with diverse backgrounds, professions, and interests as well as demonstrated commitment to the Williamsburg area and community.
WHF Responsive Grant
Any organization meeting the basic requirements can apply for a Responsive Grant from WHF.
Williamsburg Health Foundation (WHF) envisions individuals making healthy choices in a community with health opportunities for all. The Foundation defines health broadly. It is a dynamic state of complete physical, mental and social well-being. It is not merely absence of disease or infirmity.
WHF grants support a wide variety of programs addressing health disparities, encouraging wellness, promoting personal responsibility, and providing care.
WHF has established three main goals to guide its grant making:
- Promote healthy lifestyles and informed individual choices for all who live in our community.
- Target resources to meet the health care needs of our most vulnerable community members
- Increase health opportunities by advocating for their consideration in policies and decisions affecting our service area.
More information about these goals and WHF’s strategic plan can be found in our Strategic Plan.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- A program must be in alignment with the mission and goals of the Foundation, which are outlined in WHF’s Strategic Plan.
- The Foundation will fund programs that serve residents located in the City of Williamsburg, City of Poquoson, James City County and York County.
- The following types of organizations may apply for funding:
- Nonprofit corporations with 501(c)3 tax status as demonstrated by an IRS determination letter
- State or local government agencies.
- Approved Responsive Grants may receive up to four consecutive years of funding. As with current policy, an agency may apply each of the four years the program is eligible. After the first year, programs may receive up to 75% of the original grant for the second year; 50% the third year; and 25% in the final year of eligibility.
- Programs involving collaboration among organizations will receive higher priority.
- Programs funded through multiple sources will receive higher priority.
- Programs combining health and social service elements must have a clear and compelling health component. Agencies should identify anticipated health outcomes.
- The Foundation will not fund applications requesting funding for:
- Annual appeals and fundraising
- Real estate acquisition
- Restoration of funds cut by governments or other organizations
- WHF does not award multi-year grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WHF Responsive Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.