WCF: Community Grant Program
Whitefish Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 28, 2018 3:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 27, 2018 3:00pm PDT, Dec 27, 2018 3:00pm PST, Mar 29, 2019 3:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Flathead County, Montana
Location of residency: Flathead County, MontanaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Whitefish Community Foundation grant programs help our community run!
The Whitefish Community Foundation offers support to nonprofits in the areas of Health, Human Services, Education, Sports & Recreation, Environment, Civic, Animals and Wildlife, and Arts and Culture. We offer several grant programs to support the work of our local nonprofits and benefit our community.
Community Grant Program
Whitefish Community Foundation’s Community Grant Program is administered on a quarterly granting cycle. Nonprofits are able to apply once annually for a maximum of $2,000 to benefit programs or projects based in the Flathead Valley.
The Foundation will consider funding for projects and programs, including capital projects that are established with a record of development activity and fulfill the mission of the organization. To be eligible to receive a Community Grant, all requested funding must be allocated to projects and/or programs benefiting residents of the Flathead Valley, and be associated with one of the following categories:
- Arts and Culture, Animals, Civic, Conservation, Education, Health and Human Service, or Recreation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants for funding must be tax exempt under the provisions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or publicly-owned tax exempt organizations. Tax exempt status must exist at time of application.
- A copy of the organization's official I.R.S. Determination Letter is required for first-time applicants.
- Nonprofits are not required to be located in Whitefish, but they do need to provide a service that benefits the city of Whitefish and/or the residents of the greater Whitefish area.
- The Community Foundation recognizes there are nonprofits in communities surrounding Whitefish providing crucial health and human services.
- If your organization falls into this category, please submit a grant application, and the Grants Committee will review and consider your request.
- Nonprofit organizations are eligible to participate in the Community Grant Program, unless you have been accepted to participate in the 2018 Great Fish Community Challenge.
- Participation in any other granting program, including those from other community foundations, does not preclude you from applying and receiving a grant from us.
- The Foundation's Grant Committee will prioritize funding of organizations and initiatives where there is a social need, and where the results will benefit our community at large.
- Nonprofits that participated in the Great Fish Challenge in 2016 are not eligible for a 2017 Community Grant.
- Whitefish School District will no longer be eligible for the Community Grants Program.
- School grant requests should go through the Whitefish Education Foundation.
- The foundation generally does not consider grants for:
- Organizations outside Flathead County.
- Deficits or retirement of debt .
- Organizations or institutions operated primarily by religious organizations.
- Political campaigns or organizations that publicly take political positions.
- Conduit organizations, i.e., organizations or events that pass funds to other organizations.
- Seed money for projects or programs not yet started or for projects or programs that are completed or conducted prior to the grant award date.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WCF: Community Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.