Whitefish Community Foundation: Micro-Grant Program
Whitefish Community Foundation
Next deadline: Dec 15, 2023 4:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Dec 15, 2024 4:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Fields of work: Human & Social Services Community Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Flathead County, Montana
Location of residency: Counties in Montana: Flathead County, Glacier County, Lincoln County
The Whitefish Community Foundation supports nonprofit, charitable organizations that enhance the quality of life for residents of the Flathead County, Montana
The Micro Grant Program is designed to respond quickly to the needs of local nonprofits to fund small-scale projects or programs.
Whitefish Community Foundation Grants Committee prioritizes funding and initiatives where there is a social need, and where the results will benefit our communities at large. The Foundation will consider funding for projects and programs that fulfill the mission of the organization.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The applying organization must be a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation or publicly-owned tax exempt corporation serving Flathead County, Montana
- The Community Foundation recognizes there are nonprofits in Lincoln County and Glacier County providing crucial health and human services. If your organization falls into this category, please submit an LOI, and the Grants Committee will consider your request.
- Tax exempt status must exist at the time of application.
- Although the Grants Committee reviews each proposal separately, generally, requests for the following will not qualify for a Micro-Grant:
- Operational support
- Organizations outside Flathead, Lincoln, or Glacier Counties
- Deficits or retirement of debt
- Programs or projects promoting a religious doctrine
- Political campaigns or projects/programs promoting a political agenda
- Conduit organizations, i.e., organizations or events that pass funds to other organizations
- Seed money for projects or programs not yet started, or for projects or programs that are completed or conducted prior to the grant award date
- Event sponsorships
- Nonprofits receiving a grant through the Community Grant Program or participating in the Great Fish Community Challenge are not eligible to apply.
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”