Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust Grant
Whitley Wildlife Conservation TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: £500 - £1,500
Next deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Later deadlines: Mar 31, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust (WWCT) is a registered education, scientific and conservation charity established in 1957 and based in Devon, UK. WWCT owns three zoos, two local nature reserves and a National Nature Reserve. We are also active at home and abroad working directly and with partner organizations to conserve species and their habitats.
Each year, the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust awards a number of grants to individuals undertaking nature conservation projects. Projects may involve practical habitat or species management, research, training, education, awareness raising or campaigning.
We will have a rolling programme of areas of interest for funding, which will change for each round of applications. Please ensure that your project is eligible for funding before applying.
- For Application timeframe 1st April - 31st October 2019:
- Conservation of endangered plant species
The Trust awards grants to both UK and overseas projects, and they typically range in value from £500 to £1,500. It is unlikely that the Trust would make an award for more than £1,500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be an individual undertaking a nature conservation project.
- Your project may involve practical habitat or species management, research, training, education, awareness raising or campaigning.
- The Awards are open to all, and each application is judged on its own merits, however there are a number of topics that the Awards Committee are particularly interested in, which are detailed below:
- Research into the ecology of rare and threatened species and habitats.
- Projects which aim to encourage increased awareness of ecology, conservation and environmental issues in local communities, and to educate people on how to develop and carry out sustainable management practices in those communities.
- Research into how human activity affects species and habitats, and how any potential human-animal conflict can be managed.
- Projects which aim to design and implement conservation education programmes.
- Research into the welfare and breeding success of animals in captivity.
- We are unable to process an application if the supporting documentation has not been received.
- Applications to participate in expeditions arranged by large organisations will not be considered.
- We do not support applications where the total cost of your project exceeds £15,000.
- Retrospective funding (i.e. funding for a project that has already begun) will not be provided for any project.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.