Wilderness Award Program
Wilderness LecturesSuggest an update
Grant amount: £650
Anticipated deadline: Nov 30, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Age restriction: At least 18 years of ageView website Save
The Wilderness Award is a cash award made to a UK resident over the age of 18 who intends to travel overseas, returning before 31st January of the following year, to undertake an unusual and adventurous objective in a geographically remote wilderness area.
The Award is made to a named individual but we recognise that it will often be shared amongst team members to benefit all members of an expedition.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a combination of enthusiasm and imagination. He or she will be expected to deliver a lecture in the Wilderness Lectures series in Bristol in the spring following their expedition (and should therefore expect to be able to support this lecture with appropriate photographic material).
The application will be expected to show clearly an idea with achievable objectives, good research, careful planning, minimal environmental impact and a commitment to follow the plan through. Referee's comments will be sought to confirm both the nature of the project and the applicant's character.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a resident of U.K.
- Must be over the age of 18
- We are unable to accept applications from individuals who are taking part in organised trips, irrespective of the value of their charitable or environmental aims, student research activities, unless these contain a very high element of adventure.
- We do not normally give the award to individuals whose primary objective is research based, unless there is a very strong element of adventure or exploration in their proposal.
- We also regret that we are unable to support applications from individuals who intend to take a place on a commercially organised trip, even if it is concerned with charitable objectives.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wilderness Award Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.