Wildlife Acoustics Scientific Product Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000 in in-kind support
Next deadline: Nov 15, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 15, 2019, May 15, 2019, Aug 15, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Wildlife Acoustics’ mission is to support efforts in conservation and environmental stewardship. Wildlife Acoustics wants to enable those involved in animal biology, research and conservation to do their best work easily and quickly. To that end, Wildlife Acoustics has established a grant program to support bioacoustics research efforts from chiropteran, avian, terrestrial, amphibious and marine wildlife, to everything else in between.
Consideration will be given to projects that meet the following criteria:
- Projects must make significant use of bioacoustics for data collection and/or analysis.
- The work must advance scientific knowledge and contribute to long-term conservation.
- The grant award must have a significant impact on the success of the project.
- The project should begin in the year that the application is submitted, or in the following year if the application is submitted in the off-season.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant recipients must be associated with a charitable, educational, or otherwise tax-exempt organization.
- Applicants can be Biologists, researchers, conservationists or students who work for tax exempt, non-profit organizations.
- Non-US organizations eligible to apply.
- If your country does not have grant tax-exempt status or does not provide documentary proof, please include a letter affirming your organization will cover any taxes assessed by your government.
- Accessories such as microphones and cables are eligible.
- Song Scope and Kaleidoscope software licenses are eligible.
- If you applied and were not awarded a grant in one quarter, you may re-apply in other quarters by resubmitting an application.
- Applicants can only apply for one project per quarter.
- Wildlife Acoustics, Inc. will cover the customs, duty and broker fees for shipments outside of the United States while the recipients of the grant will be responsible for payment of any taxes on on product(s) supplied.
- US or Non US government agencies are not eligible for the program.
- We do not grant cash or equipment other than our own.
- Submersible marine products including the SM3M Deep Water and Submersible recorders and related accessories are ineligible.
- SM2+, SM2BAT+, EM3+ recorders and related accessories are also ineligible.
- SD cards, batteries and battery chargers carried in our store are not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wildlife Acoustics Scientific Product Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.