Wildlife/Exotics Studies: Established Investigator Award
Morris Animal Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $150,000
Deadline: Nov 14, 2018 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Morris Animal Foundation (MAF) is dedicated to funding proposals that are relevant to our mission of advancing
the health and well-being of exotics/wildlife by funding hypothesis-driven and humane animal
The Established Investigator grant is the most common grant, intended to provide funding for impactful research by individuals and teams with a previous record of research and publication.
Proposals should be designed to convince the reviewers that the applicant clearly understands the problem to be studied, has devised a scientifically sound approach, and has the expertise to conduct the study.
Amount: There is no limit to the annual budget request, however the average award is approximately $50,000.00/year.
Duration: Maximum study duration is three years
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- These awards are for seasoned researchers who typically have a published track record in research.
- MAF permits a maximum of two applications per Principal Investigator during a single call for proposals.
- A proposal that is not approved for funding can be re-submitted a maximum of two times (three total submissions to MAF).
- Resubmissions should clearly address reviewer concerns.
- Travel expenses required to complete the project should be clearly justified.
- Expenses for PI to travel to scientific meetings are limited to $3,000.
- MAF allows up to 8 percent of the budget to be applied to indirect costs, if your institution charges for these costs.
- Where a subaward to another institution is proposed, the total
indirect costs may not exceed 8% of the total budget.
- Projects using animal models to approach a human health issue are not appropriate.
- Proposals not adhering to MAF’s Health Study Animal Involvement Policy will be rejected.
- Requests for salary for full time
faculty appointments will not be approved.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wildlife/Exotics Studies: Established Investigator Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.