Conservation Networking Grant
Wildlife Habitat CanadaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Oct 16, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business College / University Indigenous Group Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Wildlife Habitat Canada
Wildlife Habitat Canada is a national, non-profit, charitable conservation organization established in 1984 by Environment Canada, provincial wildlife agencies and conservation organizations. We work through partnerships with communities, landowners, governments, non-government organizations and industry to find effective solutions to address problems facing wildlife habitat. We are guided by a highly diverse Board of Directors, with representatives from national conservation organizations and government agencies.
Conservation Networking Grants
Projects under this category address the NAWMP goals and priorities of the human dimensions component, “Growing numbers of waterfowl hunters, other conservationists and citizens who enjoy and actively support waterfowl and wetlands habitat conservation.” Includes:
- wetland educational programs/workshops;
- waterfowl hunter education and/or recruitment programs/workshops;
- projects that advance regional or national stewardship.
Examples of project activities that would fall under this category:
- Provincial Hunting Day activities promoting waterfowl hunting and wetland conservation;
- Mentored waterfowl hunts / introduction to waterfowl hunting;
- Public engagement in conservation activities / planning;…etc
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only Canadian recipients are eligible recipients and include:
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Aboriginal organizations, Associations and wildlife management boards;
- Research, academic and educational institutions;
- For profit organizations such as small businesses, companies, corporations, and industry associations;
- Local organizations such as community associations and groups, seniors’ and youth groups, and service clubs; and,
- Provincial, territorial, municipal and local governments and their agencies.
- To be eligible for funding consideration, the project must clearly demonstrate a minimum 1:1* funding match ratio in the 2017-2018 fiscal year (i.e., WHC contributions cannot exceed 50% of the Project Revenue).
- Funding from Government of Canada programs cannot be considered as match.
- To be considered for funding, Networking projects must:
- clearly outline the curriculum of the program; and,
- include a follow up component (planned future activities) to demonstrate how the benefits of the program will be sustained in future years and to evaluate the success of the program (e.g., are new hunters continuing to actively hunt after the program?).
- Ineligible recipients include, but are not limited to:
- international organizations or individuals; and,
- government employees, departments, agencies and crown corporations at the federal level.
- Expenditures directly related to the acquisition of land or an interest in land, including a lease, conservation easement or conservation covenant are not eligible for grant funding from Wildlife Habitat Canada.
- Wildlife Habitat Canada funds cannot be used to contribute to any endowment fund(s).
- While Wildlife Habitat Canada recognizes the importance of projects involving habitat conservation, restoration and enhancement for non-waterfowl species and fish, these types of projects are not eligible for funding consideration under the Contribution Agreement between Environment Canada and Wildlife Habitat Canada.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Conservation Networking Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.