WHC Research Grant
Wildlife Habitat CanadaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Oct 17, 2019 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business College / University Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Wildlife Habitat Canada
Wildlife Habitat Canada is a national, non-profit, charitable conservation organization established in 1984 by Environment Canada, provincial wildlife agencies and conservation organizations. We work through partnerships with communities, landowners, governments, non-government organizations and industry to find effective solutions to address problems facing wildlife habitat. We are guided by a highly diverse Board of Directors, with representatives from national conservation organizations and government agencies.
Projects under this category focus on furthering the understanding of waterfowl and/or habitat conservation or the NAWMP human dimensions component:
- as outlined in the NAWMP and Habitat/Species Joint Venture Implementation Plans, including research for conservation, restoration, protection and enhancement of habitat in priority areas; or
- support habitat conservation for other important migratory game birds.
Examples of research projects that have received grant funding in the past:
- Long Point Waterfowl’s Lake St. Clair Initiative: Habitat Selection and Survival of American Black Ducks and Mallards during Autumn-Winter;
- Assessing the ecological influences on the efficacy of benthic barriers to control yellow flag iris in high priority waterfowl habitats across British Columbia;
- Understanding the dynamics of people's interactions with waterfowl: Assessing hunter's
preferences for waterfowl management in Canada.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only Canadian recipients are eligible recipients and include:
- Not-for-profit organizations;
- Aboriginal organizations, Associations and wildlife management boards;
- Research, academic and educational institutions;
- For profit organizations such as small businesses, companies, corporations, and industry associations;
- Local organizations such as community associations and groups, seniors’ and youth groups, and service clubs; and,
- Provincial, territorial, municipal and local governments and their agencies.
- To be eligible for funding consideration, the project must clearly demonstrate a minimum 1:1* funding match ratio in the 2017-2018 fiscal year (i.e., WHC contributions cannot exceed 50% of the Project Revenue).
- Funding from Government of Canada programs cannot be considered as match.
- To be considered for funding, Research projects require a letter of support from the
scientific or technical committee of the associated North American Waterfowl Management Plan
Habitat (or Species) Joint Venture in Canada.
- Ineligible recipients include, but are not limited to:
- international organizations or individuals;and,
- government employees, departments, agencies and crown corporations at the federal level.
- Expenditures directly related to the acquisition of land or an interest in land, including a lease, conservation easement or conservation covenant are not eligible for grant funding from Wildlife Habitat Canada.
- Wildlife Habitat Canada funds cannot be used to contribute to any endowment fund(s).
- While Wildlife Habitat Canada recognizes the importance of projects involving habitat conservation, restoration and enhancement for non-waterfowl species and fish, these types of projects are not eligible for funding consideration under the Contribution Agreement between Environment Canada and Wildlife Habitat Canada.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WHC Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.