William Stretesky Foundation Grants
William Stretesky FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Sedgwick County, Colorado
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In his Last Will and Testament, William Stretesky requested that a Private Foundation be created in his name to benefit Sedgwick County, CO and its residents. William Stretesky, a long-time resident of Sedgwick County, was an avid farmer. He was single until the age of sixty-five and he had no children. As his life progressed, the residents of Sedgwick County, CO became his extended family. It may have been for this reason that he decided to leave the bulk of his estate in a Foundation with a primary goal to enhance and benefit the Sedgwick County Community and its residents. To date, nearly one hundred percent of his agricultural real estate remains in the foundation, which fulfills the profound wish of William Stretesky. Grant funds are generated through cash leasing the Foundation's real estate, which is located in Sedgwick and Phillips County, Colorado and Chase, Deuel, and Perkins County, Nebraska.
Objectives of The William Stretesky Foundation:
- To enhance Sedgwick County, Colorado by awarding Foundation funds to achieve this goal.
- To assist eligible institutions and entities in cooperatively working with other organizations to further the goal of County-wide improvements.
- To support projects beneficial to the County and its residents that are not adequately funded by other resources.
- To encourage economic growth and development within the County.
- To preserve the artistic, cultural and historical heritage of the County.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All benefits from the Foundation must be of a public, educational or other charitable nature, and must be paid only to entities having a 501(c)(3) status or its equivalent.
- The Foundation only funds programs in Sedgwick County, Colorado, and all grants must have a purpose that will primarily benefit the residents of that County.
- The Foundation is not prohibited from making grants to religious organizations or for religious purposes but such applications will be given the lowest priority.
- The Foundation will not award grants to individuals and/or families directly.
- The Foundation will not provide funds to lobby legislation or to influence public elections.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the William Stretesky Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.