Williams Family Foundation Grant
Williams Family FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: £1,000 - £50,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Williams Family Foundation began in 2014, set up by a family who wished to give something back to their local community. The family has roots in North Wales but have lived in West Cheshire for some years and so these two geographical areas are the focus of their charitable support.
The Foundation provides grants to local registered charities that are really making a difference to people’s lives. By funding individual projects the aim is to help local charities to achieve their goals.
We support charities that help people within our community. In particular we focus on charities that aid those in need, including young people, the elderly, people with learning or physical disabilities and people of ill health.
Our efforts will go into funding projects that we believe will benefit our target groups and have a positive impact on the lives of these individuals.
The trustees regularly review their priorities in grant making but currently favour charities principally engaged in advancing the following charitable purposes:
- the advancement of health or the saving of lives;
- the advancement of the arts, culture, heritage or science;
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement;
- the relief of those in need, by reason of youth, age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Your organisation must be:
- based in our remit area
- a registered charity or charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- asking us to fund/part-fund a specific project (this does not include the funding of salaries)
- The trust only makes grants to other charities that are registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales.
- The trustees will normally only fund the work of charities operating in North Wales and Cheshire.
- Exceptionally the trustees will fund charities operating nationally and internationally e.g. in the case of disaster appeals.
- The trustees prefer to contribute to specific appeals and projects rather than to contribute to general running costs or expenditure of a charity.
- The trustees are willing to contribute both to large charities and small charities.
- The trustees will consider funding an ongoing project of another charity on a regular basis in appropriate circumstances.
- The trust does not make grants to individuals.
- The trustees will not normally fund any of the following:
- general appeals from national charities;
- small contributions to large appeals for vehicles or buildings;
- animal charities;
- religious organisations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Williams Family Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.