George A. Hall / Harold F. Mayfield Grant
Wilson Ornithological Society
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2019 9:00pm PST
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Research, General Operating Expense
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Wilson Ornithological Society, founded in 1888, is a world-wide
organization of more than 2000 people who share a curiosity about birds.
Named in honor of Alexander Wilson, the Father of American Ornithology, the Society publishes a quarterly journal of ornithology, The Wilson Journal of Ornithology, and holds annual meetings.
This award is limited to independent researchers without access to funds and facilities available at colleges, universities, or governmental agencies, and is restricted to non-professionals, including high school students. Any kind of avian research is eligible. Up to one $1000 award is given. Formerly known as the Margaret Morse Nice Award.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants may be a citizen of any country.
- Applicants may be of any age.
- Generally, any avian research is eligible, conducted anywhere in the world.
- Grant monies are expected to be used for equipment, supplies, travel, and living expenses.
- Stipends that cover only basic living expenses are allowed.
- Individuals are limited to one award per degree program or project.
- Applicants may apply for more than one award.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Membership in the Wilson Ornithological Society is required.
- Salaries for applicant and field assistants should not be included.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the George A. Hall / Harold F. Mayfield Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.