Wimbledon Foundation Community Fund Grant
London Community Foundation
Grant amount: £500 - £5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 1, 2018 9:00am PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 2, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Wimbledon Foundation is the charity of the All England Lawn Tennis Club and The Championships. The Foundation builds on the success of an extensive programme of community and charitable activities over a number of years.
The London Community Foundation is delighted to again be working with the Wimbledon Foundation in 2017/18, to manage the Wimbledon Foundation Community Fund. The Fund has been set up to benefit the community and provide support for local organisations to meet local needs in the boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth.
Organisations will be able to apply for funding towards work that focuses on meeting local needs through addressing one or more of the following themes:
- Projects which improve mental and physical health and well-being
- Projects which address education, training and employability needs
- Projects which address poverty, disadvantage and isolation
- Projects which encourage community cohesion and improve inter-community relationships (including inter-generational activities)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Fund is open to organisations delivering activities in Merton and Wandsworth.
- Organisations that are based outside the two boroughs may apply but must already be working or wishing to work in either of the two boroughs.
- Charities, community groups, voluntary organisations, Community Interest Companies and Social Enterprises may apply.
- Priority will be given to organisations supporting the following beneficiary groups:
- Disability groups
- Young people
- BAME groups
- Older people
- Unemployed, those claiming out of work benefits
- Priority will be given to groups that are based in, and are already working in Merton and Wandsworth, particularly when the Fund is oversubscribed.
- Although there is no income threshold imposed for the applicant
organisation, the Fund may give priority to smaller, locally-based
organisations within the two boroughs.
- The grant cannot be used to fund:
- statutory organisations, such as local authorities and schools (however ‘PTA’s’ and ‘Friends of’ or equivalent groups may be considered)
- any party political activity
- purely commercial ventures
- any religious activities or promotion of religious beliefs
- spending that has already taken place
- building/capital costs that do not demonstrate clear community impact nor link to the Fund criteria
- individual sponsorship
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wimbledon Foundation Community Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.