Windham Foundation Grants Program
Windham FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Next deadline: May 15, 2019
Later deadlines: Aug 14, 2019, Nov 13, 2019, Feb 13, 2020
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Vermont
Location of residency: Preferred: Vermont Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Since its founding in 1963, the Windham Foundation has provided more than $10 million in grants to non-profit organizations to serve its mission of "promoting Vermont's rural communities". Particular emphasis is given to projects which enhance the unique qualities of Vermont's small town life, support its natural and working landscape, sustain Vermont's social, cultural and natural resources or preserve Vermont's history and traditions while enhancing day-to-day community life.
Through its grant making, the Windham Foundation seeks to support organizations concerned with the needs and quality of life of Vermonters. Those organizations include, but are not limited to, those dealing with:
- Agricultural preservation and the food systems
- Environmental enhancement
- Education in the broadest sense
- Promotion of the arts, crafts and Vermont traditions
- Meeting basic human needs
- Historic Preservation where it serves a broad community purpose
The types of proposals the Foundation funds are wide ranging. They include operational support, special initiatives, capacity building, matching and challenge grants. Support for operations will be considered where it strengthens organizational capacity.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Qualified applicants must be either a private, non-profit organization tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code or a public institution or entity.
- The organization, or program to be funded, must be located in Vermont
- Our priority is small, community based organizations.
- The Foundation will not provide support for the following:
- Endowment campaigns.
- Sporting activities, outings or events.
- Fraternal or religious organizations, including schools with religious affiliation.
- Individual fellowships or scholarships.
- Playgrounds, day care facilities and skate parks.
- Publications, books, films or surveys.
- Promotional Events.
- Although we value the work, we are not able to provide grants to affiliates of national organizations focused on particular diseases or those that provide emergency relief efforts.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Windham Foundation Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.