John Jenkins Memorial Scholarships
Western Interior Paleontological SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: Mar 1, 2020 4:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Faculty
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save
About this funder:
WIPS members pursuing a degree in or other training in paleontology or a related field are invited to apply for the 2020 John Jenkins Scholarship. The scholarships honor the memory of John Jenkins, a former WIPS President whose enthusiasm and leadership helped make WIPS the successful organization it is today.
Scholarships are given to fund tuition and other educational costs in paleontology, geology, or related sciences at any accredited university or college for the purpose of furthering the applicant's paleontological education. Course work may come from a number of disciplines that can contribute to the applicant's paleontological skill set. It is expected that the applicant will use the scholarship for a specific purpose (e.g., field course, external workshop), rather than for general tuition or educational expenses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Board particularly encourages elementary and secondary teachers who can make use of paleontological training in their classrooms to apply for a scholarship.
- Applicants are no longer required to be active WIPS members, though preference will be given to members.
- It is strongly encouraged that applicants join WIPS prior to applying for a grant.
- Proposals from first-time applicants will also be given priority over previous awardees in an effort to diversify the types of work WIPS supports.
- Previous grant or scholarship recipients who have not fulfilled the reporting requirements will not be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the John Jenkins Memorial Scholarships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.