Wish Book Grants
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Deadline: Aug 15, 2018
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Butler County, Westmoreland County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Butler County, Westmoreland CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Wish Book is a soft-cover, printed book that is mailed to our donor community every November. Donors may use their donor-advised fund to make grant requests to fulfill the "wishes" on a rolling basis between November and March. In 2017, 44 separate donor-advised funds gave a combined total of more than $170,722 to all of the 75 participating organizations.
Eligible program areas for consideration:
- Arts, Culture and Humanities
- Families, Children and Youth
- Environment and Nature
- Health and Special Needs
- Human Services
- Community Development
Full funding of a wish is not guaranteed
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only one wish can be submitted per organization*
- *A wish may be comprised of multiple items. Please choose items that you will be able to purchase even if partial funding is received.
- A wish must be for a tangible need beyond the scope of cost wrapped into general operating or program support (a wish list item).
- A wish cannot exceed $2,500.
- Must be located in Allegheny, Westmoreland or Butler counties or provide at least 75% of services in these counties.
- Exceptions may be made depending on circumstances.
- For questions about eligibility, please contact us.
- Preference given to organizations not in last year’s book.
- The following will not be considered for funding:
- General operating support.
- Salaries, stipends (including internships), teachers or instructors.
- Technology (computers, laptops, iPads, etc.).**
- **Exceptions may be made for technology requests when the technology is directly used by a client.
- Professional development.
- Office furniture and supplies.
- Transportation: Bus tickets, cab fares or parking.
- Fundraising materials (refreshments, pamphlets, mailings, events, etc.).
- Tickets for events, gift cards or grantmaking.
- Marketing costs (including websites, signage or ad costs).
- Memberships, tuition or conference support.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wish Book Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.