WMRC Graduate Student Minigrant Program
University of CaliforniaSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 31, 2021
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Inyo County, California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save
The UC White Mountain Research Center (WMRC) graduate student research awards provide up to $1,000 per year to support room and board expenses and lab fees to do thesis research based out of WMRC (i.e. in the White-Inyo Range, nearby Sierra Nevada, and/or Owens Valley. Living expenses include room and board at WMRC facilities.
- Archaeology & Anthropology,
- Atmospheric & Environmental Sciences,
- Astronomy & Astrophysics,
- Conservation & Wildlife Biology,
- Ecology & Evolutionary Biology,
- Environmental Physiology,
- Geology & Earth Sciences
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The White Mountain Research Center (WMRC) is pleased to offer modest mini-grants in support of original graduate student research during 2018.
- Grants of $500 to $1000 will be awarded on a competitive basis to offset the cost of meals and lodging at one or more of the WMRC research stations (Owens Valley, Crooked Creek, Barcroft)
- Applicants may be part of a faculty member’s research project or team, but the project should be independent from that of the senior research worker.
- University faculty members are intended to direct the research of the student, but it is expected that students will submit for publication a single- or senior-author manuscript from their WMRC-supported research with WMRC in the by-line.
- No travel funds are available.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WMRC Graduate Student Minigrant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.