WNY Foundation Grants: Small Grant and Competitive Grants
Western New York FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Jul 31, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Nov 30, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Human & Social Services Diversity & Inclusion Art & Culture Civic Engagement & Education Education Arts / Culture Access & Participation Rural Development Crisis Intervention STEM Education Community Development & Revitalization Recreation Addiction & Substance Abuse Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Sexual Assault/Abuse Domestic Violence Immigrant Services Immigration & Refugee Rights Refugee Services Children With Disabilities Children’s Mental Health Youth Services Child Welfare Services Family Services Financial Literacy Literacy Early Childhood Development Parenting Counseling & Education Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in New York: Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County, Erie County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Wyoming County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County, Erie County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Wyoming County Show allView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: See the separate grant page for iCAP Grants here.
What We Do
We meet unique challenges, delivering leverage for organizations to rise above
The Foundation provides grants to organizations serving vulnerable children and families, refugees and immigrants, and persons impacted by abuse, mental illness and addiction. We support nonprofits focused on comprehensive neighborhood solutions in blighted and underserved urban areas, and centers focused on educational, recreational, and community engagement in rural areas. We invest in strengthening the capacity of arts and cultural organizations offering inclusive programming for diverse audiences with emphasis on promoting diversity in artistic representation and leadership.
We build core strengths to support those who build programs
The Western New York Foundation makes investments that improve nonprofit efficiencies and effectiveness. We support grants that allow nonprofits to adapt their organization and behaviors toward greater impact.
Capacity building is developing and refining skills, strategies, organizational systems and structures with the intent to build capable leaders, sound management and strong governance. It involves identifying challenges and defining new strategies and structures to address them, as well as identifying opportunities and defining new strategies and plans to realize them.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are limited to non-profit organizations which have obtained tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code
- All applicants must have three years of 990 filings in order to be eligible to apply for a grant.
- Grants are limited to agencies that are physically headquartered in one of the seven counties of Western New York:
- Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara and Wyoming.
- The Foundation will allow the submittal of one application per 501(c)(3) organization at a time.
- Organizations who have been granted an award may reapply to the Foundation two (2) years following the final payment of a grant.
- We prioritize organizations with budgets between $250,000 and $6,000,000.
- Grants for the following types of groups and uses are not made:
- Religious Organizations for Religious Purposes
- Political Organizations, Campaigns, and Candidates
- Municipal and Government
- Grants or Loans to Individuals
- Fund-Raising Events, i.e. Sponsorships, Tables, Dinners, and Telethons
- Operating Expenses
- Hospital Capital Campaigns
- General Capital Campaigns
Want to discover new grants?
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”