WNY Foundation Grants: Small Grant and Competitive Grants
Western New York FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $50,000
Next deadline: Nov 30, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Jul 31, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in New York: Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County, Erie County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Wyoming County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in New York: Allegany County, Cattaraugus County, Chautauqua County, Erie County, Genesee County, Niagara County, Wyoming County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: See the separate grant page for iCAP Grants here.
What We Do
We meet unique challenges, delivering leverage for organizations to rise above
The Foundation provides grants to organizations serving vulnerable children and families, refugees and immigrants, and persons impacted by abuse, mental illness and addiction. We support nonprofits focused on comprehensive neighborhood solutions in blighted and underserved urban areas, and centers focused on educational, recreational, and community engagement in rural areas. We invest in strengthening the capacity of arts and cultural organizations offering inclusive programming for diverse audiences with emphasis on promoting diversity in artistic representation and leadership.
We build core strengths to support those who build programs
The Western New York Foundation makes investments that improve nonprofit efficiencies and effectiveness. We support grants that allow nonprofits to adapt their organization and behaviors toward greater impact.
Capacity building is developing and refining skills, strategies, organizational systems and structures with the intent to build capable leaders, sound management and strong governance. It involves identifying challenges and defining new strategies and structures to address them, as well as identifying opportunities and defining new strategies and plans to realize them.
Western New York Foundation Small Grant Program
The Small Grant Program is an easy-to-engage-in, competitive grant program. Applicants may apply for a grant award between $500 and $10,000. These grants are generally made for a 12 month period only.
The Small Grant Program supports exploration of strategic partnerships and capacity building requests that lead to greater capacity and improved productivity. Funding is for specific activities or projects designed to strengthen an organization’s governance, leadership, technology, programmatic and administrative capacity.
Western New York Foundation Capacity Building Grant Program
The Capacity Building Grant Program is a highly competitive program. Applicants may apply for a grant award over $10,000; the average grant award range is between $15,000 and $50,000.
The Capacity Building Program supports exploration of strategic partnerships and capacity building requests that lead to greater capacity and improved productivity. Funding is for specific activities or projects designed to strengthen an organization’s governance, leadership, technology, programmatic and administrative capacity. Initiatives rank higher if they:
- Assist in making good and positive strides during a critical period of growth.
- Strengthen the ability to program and impact more families in the WNY region.
- Strengthen the ability to work with a broader range of constituents and allies.
- Attract new financial partners, favorably affect earned revenue numbers, or enhance fee-based revenue streams.
- Reflect a comprehensive approach or are a key component of your organization’s strategic plan for long term sustainability
- Foster collaboration
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are limited to non-profit organizations which have obtained tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Code
- All applicants must have three years of 990 filings in order to be eligible to apply for a grant.
- Grants are limited to agencies that are physically headquartered in one of the seven counties of Western New York:
- Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara and Wyoming.
- The Foundation will allow the submittal of one application per 501(c)(3) organization at a time.
- Organizations who have been granted an award may reapply to the Foundation two (2) years following the final payment of a grant.
- Grants for the following types of groups and uses are not made:
- Religious Organizations for Religious Purposes
- Political Organizations, Campaigns, and Candidates
- Municipal and Government
- Grants or Loans to Individuals
- Fund-Raising Events, i.e. Sponsorships, Tables, Dinners, and Telethons
- Operating Expenses
- Hospital Capital Campaigns
- General Capital Campaigns
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the WNY Foundation Grants: Small Grant and Competitive Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.