Wolfson Research Professorships
The British Academy
Grant amount: £165,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 23, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The purpose of these awards is to give an opportunity for extended research leave to a small number of the most outstanding established scholars to enable them to concentrate on a significant research programme, while freed from normal teaching and administrative commitments. The principal purpose of the awards is to enable concentrated effort to be directed towards working on and bringing to completion a significant piece of research likely to enhance the discipline.
Emphasis is also placed by the Academy and the Wolfson Foundation on the importance of award-holders communicating their plans and results to a broad audience. Wolfson Research Professorships are held for a period of three years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Academy takes no account of an applicant's age or current status (e.g. Professor, Lecturer) in determining eligibility for these awards, but eligible applicants will be in an established post from which they will not expect to retire during the course of the award.
- Rather, in all cases, award-holders are expected to be established scholars with a significant track record of publication.
- Any field of study in the humanities and social sciences is suitable for support.
- Candidates need not already hold the title of ‘Professor’ before applying, but those who do not should bear in mind that there is no commitment placed on the employing institution to regrade their post on their return to ordinary duties.
- Scholars who have previously held awards such as a BA/Leverhulme Senior Research Fellowships or Mid- Career Fellowship are not excluded from applying for this award.
- Applicants for the BA/ Wolfson Research Professorships should be intending to pursue original, independent research in any field of study within the humanities or social sciences.
- Applicants currently holding a BA Small Research Grant are not excluded from applying.
- Applicants are required to nominate one referee and ensure that the supporting statement
from their chosen referee is submitted on the e-GAP system by the relevant date, which will
be one week after the closing date for applications. ( see more informations here)
- The awards are not renewable.
- These awards are not covered under the Full Economic Costing (FEC) regime.
- Applicants should note that the awards cannot be held concurrently with any other award
offered by the Academy which involves research leave or payment for the time of the
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Wolfson Research Professorships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.