R.W. (Bill) Hamilton Memorial Dive Medicine Research Grant
Divers Alert Network (DAN)
Grant amount: US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2018 9:00pm PST
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The year-long, US$10,000 grant supports new or ongoing research projects in one or more of the following areas:
- Development of decompression procedure techniques for commercial, military, technical and/or recreational divers;
- Development of new decompression models; probability of risk or probabilistic modeling;
- Multi-gas dive simulation; and,
- Dive computer procedure, protocol and testing; and/or treatment of incomplete decompression and resulting incidents.
“Research was Bill Hamilton’s life’s work,” said Petar Denoble, DAN Vice President of Mission. “We established this grant to carry on his legacy, and to support the next generation of innovators and leaders in scientific research. We’re excited to help fund and promote research that builds on Bill’s work and that can, ultimately, help save lives.”
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants can be involved in any aspect of the research, but the spirit of the program is to support projects closely related to Dr. Hamilton’s studies.
- The grant is open to applicants at any stage of their professional education or career, and recipients are required to present their results to DAN.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the R.W. (Bill) Hamilton Memorial Dive Medicine Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.