Women & Girls’ Fund
Main Street Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 6, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 13, 2020 1:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, Litchfield County, New Haven County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, Litchfield County, New Haven County Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: NOTE: Potential applicants must contact Director of Grants & Programs to discuss any ideas and applications. Applicants must call at least 7 days prior to the grant application deadline to discuss the proposed project and to determine eligibility.
Main Street Community Foundation welcomes grant requests from organizations that serve our geographic area, which includes Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott, Connecticut.
Women & Girls’ Fund
The Women & Girls' Fund was founded in 2001 by a group of caring and committed women. Through its grantmaking program, the Women & Girls' Fund seeks to assist women and girls obtain the skills and competencies to develop their potential and improve the quality of their lives. The Women & Girls' Fund seeks to deepen its impact by providing grants that will allow organizations to build internal capacity to ensure ongoing support of women and girls in the local communities. Grants are made from the Women & Girls’ Fund to organizations serving females of any age in the towns of Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott.
Applicants must be in compliance with all previous grant reporting requirements. The Foundation also requires that all applicants take a year off after receiving a grant for three consecutive years.
The Women & Girls’ Fund Advisory Board recommends all grant decisions for final approval by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
The Women & Girls' Fund Grant Cycle is a competitive cycle for eligible community organizations that serve women and girls in Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- The organization is either a public institution or private tax-exempt organization engaged in charitable activities defined by Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Either the organization and/or the program for which funding is requested must be located in the Women & Girls’ Fund's service area and be of benefit to its female residents.
- Strong documentation must be provided from out-of-area agencies that females from our service area are served, and such requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- The Fund's service area includes the following cities and towns in Connecticut: Bristol, Burlington, Plainville, Plymouth, Southington and Wolcott.
- Preference will be given to proposals that identify ways the organization will build its capacity as a tool for programmatic and organizational sustainability in one or more of the following categories:
- Increasing the program’s impact/reach through collaborations or partnerships
- Responding to changing or emerging needs in the community
- Demonstrating that there is an established need if this is a new program
- Leveraging or generating other funding or resources
- Enhancing an existing program to encourage and promote sustainability
- An agency is not eligible for a grant from the Women & Girls’ Fund more than three years in a row.
- Agencies must wait one year before applying again.
- Projects not generally funded by the Women & Girls’ Fund include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operating/budget deficits
- Previously incurred obligations
- Endowments, research, political and/or lobbying activities
- Property repairs and maintenance
- Day-to-day general operating expenses
- Fundraising events
- Loans and memorials
- Immediate Response Funds
- Grants will not be made to governmental agencies unless it is determined that overriding special circumstances exist.
- If a requesting organization exists on tax-based funding, the Women & Girls’ Fund will treat each request on a case-by-case basis, and evaluate the particular nature and need expressed in the proposal.
- Grants are not made to individuals.
- Religiously affiliated or supported organizations may solicit grants for secular, non-sectarian projects; however, grants for religious activities will not be entertained.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women & Girls’ Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.