Women & Girls Fund Grants
Community Foundation of Eastern ConnecticutSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 1, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: New London County, Tolland County, Windham County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Generous gifts and bequests from caring donors have created four permanent endowment funds serving the Northeast, Norwich, Southeast and Windham areas. Together, we are advancing the equity and wellbeing of women and girls throughout Eastern Connecticut through grants, advocacy and action. Our grantmaking priorities reflect the challenges identified in The Status of Women and Girls in Eastern Connecticut:
- Empower women and girls to make positive decisions – Examples include mentoring, leadership, career exposure, character development.
- Promote healthy relationships and prevent domestic violence – Examples include teen dating violence prevention education, domestic violence shelters and transitional housing, victim advocacy.
- Advance family economic security – Examples include training for jobs and career advancement, programs to overcome barriers to financial security, and other supports for low-income women.
- Support access to women’s health, mental health and reproductive health services – Examples include counseling, health education, health care access.
- Support public policy, advocacy and leadership to promote equity – Please call the program staff to discuss your ideas.
- Help New London women, ages 62 and older, with limited incomes to remain in their homes (Southeast only) – Examples include meal delivery, nursing services.
Collectively, the four Women & Girls Funds have an endowment of over $4 million and have awarded more than $1.9 million in grants to over 440 programs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Regions Served:
- Northeast Area Women & Girls Fund: Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson and Woodstock.
- Individual Grants of $1,000
- Norwich Area Women & Girls Fund: Norwich, Bozrah, Colchester, Franklin, Griswold, Lebanon, Lisbon, Preston, Sprague and Voluntown.
- Individual Grants of $2,000-$5,000
- Southeast Area Women & Girls Fund: East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington and Waterford.
- Individual Grants of $2,000-$10,000
- Additionally, the Southeast Area Women & Girls Fund focuses on helping New London women (ages 62 and older) with limited incomes remain in their homes.
- Windham Area Women & Girls Fund: Ashford, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Mansfield, Scotland, Stafford, Union, Willington and Windham/Willimantic.
- Individual grants of $2,000-$5,000
- Funding will not be considered for projects that are typically supported by public funds.
- Grants will not support individuals, routine operating expenses, capital campaigns, litigation, deficit funding, endowment campaigns, for-profit organizations or religious programming.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women & Girls Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.