Women & Girls Fund Grants
Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Oct 1, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: New London County, Tolland County, Windham County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Generous gifts and bequests from caring donors have created four permanent endowment funds serving the Northeast, Norwich, Southeast and Windham areas. Each Women & Girls Fund awards grants annually to local nonprofit organizations in support of their programs and projects helping local women and girls.
Each Fund will support programs that:
- Empower women and girls to make positive decisions
- Promote healthy relationships and reduce domestic violence
- Advance family economic security and help women enter/re-enter the workforce
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Regions Served:
- Northeast Area Women & Girls Fund: Brooklyn, Canterbury, Eastford, Hampton, Killingly, Plainfield, Pomfret, Putnam, Sterling, Thompson and Woodstock.
- Individual Grants of $1,000
- Norwich Area Women & Girls Fund: Norwich, Bozrah, Colchester, Franklin, Griswold, Lebanon, Lisbon, Preston, Sprague and Voluntown.
- Individual Grants of $2,000-$5,000
- Southeast Area Women & Girls Fund: East Lyme, Groton, Ledyard, Lyme, Montville, New London, North Stonington, Old Lyme, Salem, Stonington and Waterford.
- Individual Grants of $2,000-$10,000
- Additionally, the Southeast Area Women & Girls Fund focuses on helping New London women (ages 62 and older) with limited incomes remain in their homes.
- Windham Area Women & Girls Fund: Ashford, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Mansfield, Scotland, Stafford, Union, Willington and Windham/Willimantic.
- Individual grants of $2,000-$5,000
- Funding will not be considered for projects that are typically supported by public funds.
- Grants will not support individuals, routine operating expenses, capital campaigns, litigation, deficit funding, endowment campaigns, for-profit organizations or religious programming.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women & Girls Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.