Women in Toxicology SIG Vera W. Hudson and Elizabeth K. Weisburger Scholarship Fund Student Award
Society of ToxicologySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Nov 8, 2020
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Scholarship, Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save
About this funder:
This scholarship is made possible by the Vera W. Hudson and Elizabeth K. Weisburger Scholarship Fund of the SOT Endowment. Elizabeth K. Weisburger, a member of the SOT for over 35 years, has made pioneering contributions in cancer biology and toxicology. She has served as a role model for other women scientists. Vera W. Hudson was a Biologist and Information Specialist at the National Library of Medicine for many years and had a key role in developing the NLM Hazardous Substance Database.
This award is given to a SOT graduate student member (current or pending), who is engaged in full-time graduate study towards a PhD in toxicology, demonstrates outstanding academic achievement in the field of toxicology, and demonstrates leadership and service. Applicants for the Award are not precluded from applying for travel support or other SOT Awards outside of WIT.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Requirements for applicants include:
- Enrolled in a full-time PhD program;
- Advanced to candidacy for the PhD at the time of the application deadline;
- Dissertation research relevant to the field of toxicology;
- An accepted abstract for the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting.
- Graduate students can only apply for one (1) WIT award.
- Graduate students are eligible to receive (1) WIT award during their graduate training period.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Current or pending student member of SOT at application deadline.
- Applicants who are not WIT members are strongly encouraged to join.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women in Toxicology SIG Vera W. Hudson and Elizabeth K. Weisburger Scholarship Fund Student Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.