Women's Development Grants Program
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Arizona: Cochise County, Gila County, Graham County, Greenlee County, Pima County, Yavapai County, Counties in Colorado: Chaffee County, Clear Creek County, Eagle County, Grand County, Lake County, Summit County, New London County, Connecticut, Lee County, Iowa, Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, St. John the Baptist Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Tangipahoa Parish, Union County, New Jersey, Grant County, New Mexico, El Paso County, Texas Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Arizona: Cochise County, Gila County, Graham County, Greenlee County, Pima County, Yavapai County, Counties in Colorado: Chaffee County, Clear Creek County, Eagle County, Grand County, Lake County, Summit County, New London County, Connecticut, Lee County, Iowa, Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, St. John the Baptist Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Tangipahoa Parish, Union County, New Jersey, Grant County, New Mexico, El Paso County, Texas Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Women's Development Initiatives
We are committed to investing in sustainable community development efforts, especially those that increase education and economic opportunities for citizens in our operating communities. In particular, we want to ensure that girls and women have suitable, relevant, functional opportunities to be full participants in economic development and attaining greater levels of prosperity. When women gain skills, they gain confidence, increase their productivity, mentor others, raise their income levels and reinvest in their children’s education, their family’s health, and economic activities at the community level.
Research demonstrates that investments targeted to improving women’s education, employment skills and financial capability and raising women's physical and emotional health through awareness and access to health products and services can deliver long term benefit, supporting women's full economic participation and contributions to healthier, more stable communities.
Women's Development Grants Program
The Freeport-McMoRan Women’s Development Grants program has been established with the goal of supporting programs and projects that focus on providing women and/or girls opportunities to reach their full potential and achieve economic success. Be sure to review the focus areas below to ensure your project aligns with the types of programs we are seeking to fund.
- Physical/Mental Health and Wellness
- Mentoring or Leadership Development
- Increasing access to and availability of key services
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only IRS determined tax exempt entities such as nonprofits with a 501(c)3 designation, schools and government institutions are eligible for social investment dollars from the Freeport-McMoRan Foundation.
- The Freeport-McMoRan Foundation provides support to organizations that provide a direct service to communities where we have an operational presence.
- Listed below are communities where the Women's Development Grant Program is available. Applications submitted for grant programs not aligned with your community will be declined.
- Ajo, Arizona
- Bagdad, Arizona
- Bisbee, Arizona
- Globe/Miami, Arizona
- Graham County, Arizona (Safford Operations)
- Green Valley/Sahuarita, Arizona (Sierrita Operations)
- Greenlee County, Arizona (Morenci Operations)
- Jerome/Clarkdale, Arizona
- Maricopa County, Arizona
- Native American Communities (Hualapai, San Carlos Apache, Tohono O'odham and White Mountain Apache Tribes)
- Tucson, Arizona
- Clear Creek and Grand Counties, Colorado (Henderson Operations)
- Lake, Summit, Chaffee, and Eagle Counties, Colorado (Climax Mine Operations)
- Norwich, Connecticut
- Ft. Madison, Iowa
- Grant County, New Mexico (New Mexico Operations)
- Elizabeth, New Jersey
- New Orleans, Louisiana (parishes of: Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, Tangipahoa)
- El Paso, Texas
- Priority is given to program and projects that are:
- Innovative or unique in their approach to developing the potential of women
- Demonstrate collaborations or partnerships that establish increased opportunities for women
- Sustainable beyond the life of this funding
- Projects that require a one-time investment for program materials, equipment or other resources that will launch, further develop or expand a program that can be sustained as part of the current program
- Projects that empower girls/women by involving men/boys in eliminating violence and promoting the potential of women; or those that focus on breaking the cycle by reaching young people
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women's Development Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.