Women's Development Grants Program
Freeport-McMoRan FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Sep 30, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Arizona: Cochise County, Gila County, Graham County, Greenlee County, Pima County, Yavapai County, Counties in Colorado: Chaffee County, Clear Creek County, Eagle County, Grand County, Lake County, Summit County, New London County, Connecticut, Lee County, Iowa, Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, St. John the Baptist Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Tangipahoa Parish, Union County, New Jersey, Grant County, New Mexico, El Paso County, Texas Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Arizona: Cochise County, Gila County, Graham County, Greenlee County, Pima County, Yavapai County, Counties in Colorado: Chaffee County, Clear Creek County, Eagle County, Grand County, Lake County, Summit County, New London County, Connecticut, Lee County, Iowa, Counties in Louisiana: Jefferson Parish, Plaquemines Parish, St. Bernard Parish, St. Charles Parish, St. John the Baptist Parish, St. Tammany Parish, Tangipahoa Parish, Union County, New Jersey, Grant County, New Mexico, El Paso County, Texas Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Women's Development Initiatives
We are committed to investing in efforts that increase education and economic opportunities for citizens in our operating communities. In particular, we want to ensure that women have suitable, relevant, functional opportunities to be full participants in economic development and attain greater levels of prosperity. When women gain skills, they gain confidence, increase their productivity, mentor others, raise their income levels and reinvest in their children’s education, their family’s health, and economic activities at the community level.
Women's Development Grants Program
The Freeport-McMoRan Women’s Development Grants support organizations providing women and girls with opportunities to:
- Advance attainment, matriculation or graduation via college/career readiness and/or leadership/character development.
- Create or expand businesses via small business development training and access to capital programs.
- Increase financial capability and employment via education or workforce skills training.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for a Women’s Development Grant, your program MUST
- benefit women and girls in a Freeport-McMoRan operating community AND
- deliver on one of these community outcomes
- The Freeport-McMoRan Foundation provides support to organizations that provide a direct service to communities where we have an operational presence.
- Listed below are communities where the Women's Development Grant Program is available. Applications submitted for grant programs not aligned with your community will be declined.
- Ajo, Arizona
- Bagdad, Arizona
- Bisbee, Arizona
- Globe/Miami, Arizona
- Graham County, Arizona (Safford Operations)
- Green Valley/Sahuarita, Arizona (Sierrita Operations)
- Greenlee County, Arizona (Morenci Operations)
- Jerome/Clarkdale, Arizona
- Maricopa County, Arizona
- Native American Communities (Hualapai, San Carlos Apache, Tohono O'odham and White Mountain Apache Tribes)
- Tucson, Arizona
- Clear Creek and Grand Counties, Colorado (Henderson Operations)
- Lake, Summit, Chaffee, and Eagle Counties, Colorado (Climax Mine Operations)
- Norwich, Connecticut
- Ft. Madison, Iowa
- Grant County, New Mexico (New Mexico Operations)
- Elizabeth, New Jersey
- New Orleans, Louisiana (parishes of: Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. John the Baptist, Tangipahoa)
- El Paso, Texas
- Preference is given to programs that:
- Serve our rural operating communities (vs. urban)
- Use Freeport-McMoRan’s DreamBuilder courses in program implementation
- Provide measurable results of program impact
- Demonstrate collaborations or partnerships that establish increased opportunities for women
- Are sustainable beyond the life of this funding
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women's Development Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.