Women's Fund Grants
Oshkosh Area Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $40,000
Deadline: Feb 20, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Winnebago County, Wisconsin
Location of residency: Preferred: Winnebago County, Wisconsin Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Women's Fund of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation is a partnership of donors, grantees, and volunteers working to advance the status of women of all ages in Winnebago County, Wisconsin. Through grantmaking and fund development, the Women's Fund strives to create measurable social change in the areas of education, economic self-sufficiency, health and well-being, and safety from abuse and crime. All funds under the Women's Fund umbrella are administered by the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation.
To support women and girls by making resources available for causes of interest to women, fostering among women a sense of empowerment and philanthropy, and increasing awareness throughout the community of the importance of women's issues.
Our goal is to increase the financial resources available for programs specifically targeted to women in our community. Despite the dramatic advancement of women in recent decades, women are still far more likely than men to be homeless, live in poverty, be unemployed or under-employed, face violence, or suffer with inadequate housing and healthcare. We work to increase literacy, prevent violence, promote economic self-sufficiency, improve physical and emotional health, teach leadership and encourage personal growth for women of all ages.
The Women's Fund has specified four granting goals. The strongest grant proposals will directly address one or more of the following issues:
Safety from abuse and crime
- Violence against women and children
- Freedom from fear
- Training programs
- Support self and family
- Financial literacy
- Equal access to opportunities
- Awareness of opportunities
- Breaking the cycle of poverty
Health and well-being
- Body image
- Women's health
- Women's health risks
- Women's reproductive rights
- Maintaining healthy lifestyles
- Education of our partners and nonprofits
- Education of our community
- Education for women and girls
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations eligible to receive grants from the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation and its affiliated foundations are those determined by the IRS to be public charities.
- This encompasses most charitable, scientific, social service, educational, and religious organizations described in 501(c)(3) of the tax code, as well as government agencies.
- Organizations that are not public charities may apply through a fiscal sponsor.
- A fiscal sponsor is a 501(c)3 public charity that agrees to act as the sponsoring organization for a grantseeking nonprofit organization that does not have the 501(c)3 designation.
- The sponsor facilitates both the grant application and any expenditures of grant money received.
- Geographic scope:
- Winnebago County (Applicant organization may be located outside of Winnebago County, but the grant must affect women and girls in Winnebago County.)
- You can apply for as many grants as you are eligible and may be selected to receive any or all.
- Grant exclusions:
- Debt reduction or retirement
- Political or lobbying activities
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women's Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.