Women’s Fund of Central Indiana
Central Indiana Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019 (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 30, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Hospital / Clinic Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Indiana: Boone County, Hamilton County, Hancock County, Hendricks County, Johnson County, Marion County, Morgan County, Shelby County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Indiana: Boone County, Hamilton County, Hancock County, Hendricks County, Johnson County, Marion County, Morgan County, Shelby County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Women’s Fund of Central Indiana was established in 1996 as a permanent endowment whose income will support programs and organizations working to improve conditions and opportunities for women and girls in central Indiana (including Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby Counties). Women’s Fund is a fund of Central Indiana Community Foundation (CICF).
Women’s Fund will consider program or operating support for organizations which share our interest in improving conditions for women and girls.
It is important for applicants to know:
- Women’s Fund is particularly interested in funding programming in the following areas:
- Breaking negative cycles and moving to economic self-sufficiency (especially regarding poverty and domestic violence)
- Programming for girls that is preventive and has a demonstrated impact
- Concept Proposals for operating support will be accepted only from organizations whose mission is to serve women and/or girls or from organizations for whom females constitute a significant majority of individuals served.
- Women’s Fund is interested only in gender-specific efforts, not just programs that happen to serve women and/or girls.
Women’s Fund will support organizations and programs specifically designed to meet the needs of women and girls which demonstrate:
- Significant Impact
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Outreach to Traditionally Underserved Populations
- Potential for Matching Funds (this is a bonus, not an expectation)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations which received a Women’s Fund grant in the previous year are NOT eligible to apply.
- Women’s Fund will not consider funding for:
- Organizations not committed to gender equity
- Programs promoting religion, including proselytizing or religious training (see below)
- Fundraising activities (such as golf tournaments or galas)
- Political campaigns
- Organization-sponsored conferences or event sponsorships
- Organizations whose board of directors is composed of less than 50% women at the time of submission, unless the organization can provide a written and board-approved plan to reach at least 50% female board composition within the next 12 months
- Women's Fund believes spirituality is an important component in a woman or girl’s self-development. It has been our experience that organized religion provides the traction and grounding for spiritual development. However, it is our policy not to fund programs promoting religion, including proselytizing or religious training. If your organization’s mission statement is religious in nature, you must describe the role that religious mission has in the grant activities for which you are seeking Women’s Fund support
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women’s Fund of Central Indiana by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.