Women's Fund of Essex County Grant
Essex County Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 3, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Essex County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: Preferred: Essex County, Massachusetts Other eligible locations: MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Women’s Fund of Essex County supports highly effective nonprofit programs that provide outreach and life-skills training for women and girls in Essex County. We pinpoint programs with proven track records, clear objectives and established budgets. We evaluate and monitor each funded program’s success through written interim and final reports from grantee agencies.
The Women’s Fund raises funds and awards grants to nonprofit agencies within Essex County that serve women and girls in need and at risk. Grants are awarded annually to programs that have a demonstrated success but require an additional infusion of funding to maximize their impact.
From skills training and employment-readiness, to the promotion of health and well being, financial literacy, empowerment and mentoring, The Women's Fund supports a wide range of programming targeted to helping women and girls grow stronger and more self-sufficient.
The Women’s Fund seeks to support existing programs that offer the most impact for the grant dollar. The Women’s Fund selects highly effective nonprofit programs that provide outreach and life skills for women and girls. We pinpoint programs with proven track records, clear objectives and established budgets. To this end, we focus on identifying programs that serve women or girls in any of our three fields of funding:
Economic Self-Sufficiency and Security
- College-, employment-, and career-readiness
- Stay-in-school mentoring and academic-success strategies
- Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) support
- Access to employment opportunities
- Financial planning
- Homelessness solutions
Health and Well-Being
- Safety and security
- Gender, language and cultural barriers
- Prevention of abuse, harassment and bullying
- Health promotion
Leadership and Empowerment
- Leadership skills for girls, teens and women
- Gender barriers
- Engaging women and girls in leadership roles
Agencies may apply for a grant that will be a 1 to 3 year commitment to the programs funded. Grants will be awarded up to $10,000 in any one year but not to exceed $20,000 over three years for each program. (Please note that $10,000 will only be granted one year of a multi-year grant.)
The Women’s Fund will not be the sole funder of a program. Our goal is to help ensure that an agency develops a diverse funding base.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We support nonprofit programs serving the residents of Essex County, Massachusetts.
- The Women’s Fund is limited to nonsectarian programming for women and girls of Essex County of all religious, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Programs sponsored by religious organizations are eligible provided that enrollment is open to all qualified women and girls and the program is free of mandatory sectarian religious instruction.
- We prefer that the organization be located in Essex County.
- Generally, grants will not be awarded:
- To individuals
- To agencies with pending 501(c)3 status
- For debt or deficit reduction
- For political purposes
- For sectarian or religious purposes
- For endowment or capital campaigns
- For research or feasibility studies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women's Fund of Essex County Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.