Women's Fund of Hawaii 2020 COVID-19 Emergency Fund
Women's Fund of HawaiiSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Women & Girl Services Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Hawaii
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed by the committee on a weekly basis, and every attempt will be made to notify applicants of their status within 10 days or sooner. Funds will be distributed as rapidly as possible once a decision is made, within two weeks of application or sooner, if possible. The application period is open and will remain so until funds expire.
2020 COVID-19 Emergency Fund
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its disproportionate negative consequences on women and girls, WFH established the COVID-19 Emergency Fund (C19EF). This public health crisis is multiplying the difficult choices that women must make every day, and the economic and other inequalities women face are magnified. WFH seeks to address the immediate needs of Hawai‘i’s most impacted women and their families during this crisis.
WFH is especially interested in assisting where there is:
- URGENCY – an immediate or extraordinary need and/or extreme set of circumstances; and
- A GAP – other financial resources to address the pressing need or problem are not available.
The purpose of this fund is to rapidly and responsively distribute grants to non-profit organizations addressing the emergency needs of Hawai‘i women and their families most impacted by COVID-19. Organizations should use a gender lens in the delivery of their services and fulfill the urgent needs of women. WFH anticipates distributing $30,000 in grants.
Grant purpose: General operating or to support programs that specifically address issues related to this emergency
Grant amount: To be determined by reviewing committee based on assessment of urgency and needs
Grant period: Applications will be received on a rolling basis until C19EF is depleted of funds.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Non-profit organizations who have been previous applicants of WFH:
- Unincorporated organizations, groups, and initiatives may apply but must have a fiscal sponsor whose fee is 10% or less.
- Non-profit organizations that have never applied for WFH funding who provide, in addition to a completed C19EF application, their:
- IRS letter of determination.
- Board roster.
- Applicants must be directly serving women and their families in Hawai‘i communities that meet the purpose of the fund and align with WFH’s vision, mission, and values.
- Organizations and initiatives that may be deemed discriminatory on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligation, and marital status.
- Organizations and initiatives that limit or oppose a woman’s right to self-determination.
- Projects or organizations that do not align with the mission and values of WFH.