Women's Fund of Weld County
The Weld Community FoundationSuggest an update
Deadline: Aug 31, 2021 10:59pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Fields of work: Women & Girl Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Weld County, Colorado
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
Women's Fund of Weld County
Funding priority is focused on programming for girls and women and their economic self-sufficiency and self-esteem. Within that priority, the Women's Fund concentrates its funding in two strategic areas: girls' futures; and girls' and women's education, employment, training, and self-development.
Our grant-making philosophy is to fund programs within non-profit organizations that address unmet needs of women and girls in Weld County which will enable them to become self-confident, independent and economically self-sufficient members of the community.
Because income (not principal) from the Endowment Fund is distributed, contributions made to The Women's Fund of Weld County will continue to support women and girls for generations.
Our funding focus is solely for programs that support girls and women of Weld County.
Within this focus, the Women’s Fund concentrates its funding in two strategic areas:
- girls’ futures; and
- girls’ and women’s education, employment, training and self-development.
Grants will be evaluated based on:
- greatest impact to women/girls who will benefit from the grant
- alignment with the Women’s Fund Criteria
- the quality and need for the project
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Women's Fund of Weld County awards grants to 501(c)(3) tax-exempt (or equivalent) nonprofit organizations.
- Grant criteria
- Projects that serve or are used by women and girls who reside in Weld County
- Collaborative partnerships
- Innovative approaches
- Endeavors which build upon existing resources or services
- Involvement of diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups
- Potential for additional financial resources and community support
- Long-term impact on individuals, or potential impact
- Specific, measurable goals and outcomes
- Movement towards being self-sustaining
- Note: Grant proposals that do not meet our criteria will not be considered.
- The Women’s Fund of Weld County will not fund:
- non-501(c)(3) or equivalent organizations
- grants to one organization to be passed to another
- debt reduction
- campaigns to elect candidates, lobbying activities or intent
- programs to promote religious or sectarian activities
- annual appeals or membership drives
- capital purposes including building improvements and office equipment
- scholarships for course work or conferences for individuals or payments to individuals (funding available only to groups, agencies and non-profits)
- ongoing staff salaries
- repeated applications for funding of the same program
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”