Women's Legacy Fund Grants
Southwest Florida Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $30,000 - US $90,000
Deadline: Jun 29, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Florida: Charlotte County, Collier County, Glades County, Hendry County, Lee County
Location of residency: Counties in Florida: Charlotte County, Collier County, Glades County, Hendry County, Lee CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Women's Legacy Fund and Grant Guidelines
The Women’s Legacy Fund (WLF) of the Southwest Florida Community Foundation is placing its annual call for Letters of Idea. This year’s Women’s Legacy Fund grant is the beginning of a multi-year grant opportunity for a local nonprofit. The multi-year grant consists of a 3-year partnership (2018 is the inaugural year), with $20,000-$30,000 granted to the selected nonprofit each year. For the first year, the WLF will be awarding $30,000 to an organization for a project or program that provides access and attainment for education opportunities for women and girls in Southwest Florida. With that in mind, applicants should provide a proposal that includes the details for year one activities and budget. Proposals also will require an estimate of years’ two and three activities and budgets with as much detail as possible but understanding that there may be some additional adjustments. E
xamples of project or programs that provide access and attainment for education opportunities for women and girls include, but are not limited to, programs that support women who have credits but no credential in completing their post-secondary education, mentoring and support for girls to access and persist through post-secondary education, gap funding to remove the financial barriers to post-secondary attainment for women, and technical college enrollment program targeted at women.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations exempt from Federal income taxes under Section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code and units of government are eligible.
- Applicants must be located in and primarily serve residents of Lee, Charlotte, Hendry, Glades, and/or Collier counties.
- Eligible organizations must be governed by a volunteer board of directors with at least 5 unrelated members.
- Organizations must conduct business without discrimination on the basis of race, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, or religious affiliation.
- (c)4 and (c)6 agencies are ineligible.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Women's Legacy Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.