Women’s Shelters Grant
American Kennel Club Humane FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Domestic Violence
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
AKC Humane Fund: Uniting animal lovers
Pets touch our lives in so many ways. That's why the AKC Humane Fund's mission is to support various pet related causes across the nation. The AKC Humane Fund unites all animal lovers by promoting the joy and value of responsible pet ownership through education, outreach and grant-making. Every day, we work hard to give back to dogs on a broad and sustainable scale but nobody can do it alone. It takes a community of dog lovers working together to make a difference.
Women’s Shelters Grant
The AKC Humane Fund is proud to be the leading organization that provides financial assistance to domestic abuse shelters that accept pets. Our grants make it easier for women’s shelters to welcome pets and help break the cycle of domestic abuse. Apply for a grant and tell us how you are helping pet owners at your facility.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant must be
- a not-for-profit organization that provides temporary or permanent housing for victims of domestic abuse and their pets, or,
- a not-for-profit organization that provides temporary or permanent housing for pets of victims of domestic abuse and has a formal, established working relationship with at least one not-for-profit shelter for victims of domestic abuse.
- Applicants in the first category are preferred.
- Applicants representing a pet shelter must provide a letter of referral from at least one Shelter for Victims of Domestic Abuse that the applicant assists.
- The letter must be on the Domestic Abuse Shelter’s letterhead, signed by the Executive Director of the Domestic Abuse Shelter and detail the extent of the relationship between your organizations.
- AKC Humane Fund Women’s Shelter Grants are awarded for essential operational support relating to the housing of pets or capital improvements specifically for the housing and maintenance of pets.
- Applicants that are awarded grants must comply with a reporting process as indicated by the AKC Humane Fund.
- AKC Humane Fund Rescue Grants may not be used for fundraising purposes.
- An applicant may not apply for an AKC Humane Fund Grant if it has been awarded a grant from the AKC Humane Fund twice in the five calendar year period immediately preceding the application deadline.